Golf comes to Fox in 2015

d247

Eric Shanks realllllllllly needs to reconsider his stance that the NFL on Fox theme is "the Fox Sports music". It doesn't work for baseball, and it sure as hell isn't going to work for golf.

Eric Shanks realllllllllly needs to reconsider his stance that the NFL on Fox theme is "the Fox Sports music". It doesn't work for baseball, and it sure as hell isn't going to work for golf.

I actually have gotten used to it for baseball.

The sports that song doesn't work for is soccer and NASCAR.

And as far as this is concerned, this is probably just the beginning. Now that they have a national sports network, they will be a lot more aggressive in the bidding war with certain rights contracts that are coming up (I think the NBA one is about up for renewal soon and I wouldn't be surprised if Fox tried to bid high for that one).

But in regards to Fox Sports carrying golf...that is going to take some time to get used to.

• 8 months later...

Shocking. I won't be able to picture Cleatus or the NFL on FOX theme with golf events... However, Joe Buck will fit in perfectly... Bland and boring.

And speaking of the devil.

B&C stated this afternoon that Fox Sports has tapped Joe Buck & 2-time British Open Champ Greg Norman to be the main announcing team for their upcoming coverage next year.

And speaking of the devil.

B&C stated this afternoon that Fox Sports has tapped Joe Buck & 2-time British Open Champ Greg Norman to be the main announcing team for their upcoming coverage next year.

not surprised at all that Joe Buck would be calling The U.S. Open, etc. for Fox, and Fox Sports 1

Archived