KSNV finally gets Look F

Mrtraveler01

Just as we anticipated, KSNV in Las Vegas finally switched to Look F back on 9/16.

You can watch a full newscast here:

http://www.mynews3.com/content/video/ondemand/news3at11/default.aspx

Maybe it's just me but this looks pretty crappy compared to the way WINK uses Look F.

A few things I noticed. It looks like crap because the video, don't ask me how, is in Analog SD and the picture hue is too dark. That throws everything off! Second thing I noticed is that they are using the Gari LA Groove- sounding version of the NBC Collection for the open. The third thing I noticed is that the set is guaranteed Clickspring. It screams that!

KSNV's Look F looks real crappy than WMAQ's Look F to me. Look at the video, it looks like they recorded off from a VCR. Just look at the lower thirds, they are still images than animated versions. They had to squeeze in the Breaking News title in the third tier of the lower third, especially the Developing Story title. The Over-the-Shoulder graphic is a still image, but it does not have the NBC Peacock in the background. Before they acquired the Look F graphics on September 15th, some of the weather graphics were implemented 24 hours before they made the Look F debut. Back to the main graphics, just... look at the Full Screen Graphics, especially the continuing coverage part, it is a still image of the Look F news graphics and without the NBC Peacock in the background. At the time when they made it to the sports section of the newscast using the Full Screen Graphics, this time, they talked about the judging controversy that took place at MGM Grand. I looked at the graphics, and it is a still image. And when they go into the Breaking News mode, the breaking news lower third is a still image without the animating NBC Peacock. That's it, still images with transparency. Look at WMAQ, all of their graphics have animations, but as for KSNV, locals with either LCD or plasma TVs will suffer graphical burn-ins onto their LCD/plasma screens on their TVs when it comes to the station uses still images of Look F. If I was a local in Las Vegas, I would better off watching either KLAS or KTNV for animations in their news graphics, just to avoid graphical burn-ins on my TV.

KSNV's Look F looks real crappy than WMAQ's Look F to me. Look at the video, it looks like they recorded off from a VCR. Just look at the lower thirds, they are still images than animated versions. They had to squeeze in the Breaking News title in the third tier of the lower third, especially the Developing Story title. The Over-the-Shoulder graphic is a still image, but it does not have the NBC Peacock in the background. Before they acquired the Look F graphics on September 15th, some of the weather graphics were implemented 24 hours before they made the Look F debut. Back to the main graphics, just... look at the Full Screen Graphics, especially the continuing coverage part, it is a still image of the Look F news graphics and without the NBC Peacock in the background. At the time when they made it to the sports section of the newscast using the Full Screen Graphics, this time, they talked about the judging controversy that took place at MGM Grand. I looked at the graphics, and it is a still image. And when they go into the Breaking News mode, the breaking news lower third is a still image without the animating NBC Peacock. That's it, still images with transparency. Look at WMAQ, all of their graphics have animations, but as for KSNV, locals with either LCD or plasma TVs will suffer graphical burn-ins onto their LCD/plasma screens on their TVs when it comes to the station uses still images of Look F. If I was a local in Las Vegas, I would better off watching either KLAS or KTNV for animations in their news graphics, just to avoid graphical burn-ins on my TV.

That font they use doesn't work with that package at all.

It's driving me nuts.

• 6 months later...

I've been to Las Vegas many times and I can't stand to watch KSNV. Everything is just half-assed. There's always been issues with strange discoloration, I've noticed. I think the graphics suit them currently because somehow they managed to mess up Look F. It looks like someone made it on PowerPoint and it works for them. I don't mind the L3s. I can't even stand to watch KTNV. I usually stick to KLAS.

Good grief. They should've just left well enough alone with the Look F graphics instead of this hot mess that was done in-house.

Did KSNV run out of money to pay NBC Artworks or something?

Archived