WFLD's Natalie Bomke

WXmanTim

For you Chicagoans, just curious on your thoughts about WFLD's Natalie Bomke. Are viewers warming to her or has not much changed?

Full disclosure: I worked with Natalie at Fox 26 Houston for two years, both as a writer and newscast producer. I found her to be extremely genuine and friendly on and off air and I hated to see her go.

Nobody knows she's even on, which is unfortunate. She's on the early shift of the lowest-rated news station, so without any promotion of her arrival, there's been no draw. I will say, I didn't have high expectations, the hiring practices of WFLD have been mediocre, at best, but Natalie has been a pleasant surprise. She more than able to do the morning show banter (obvious considering her last job), but was a great presence filling in on a weekend evening a week and a half ago.

Overall, Miss Bomke seems like a very good hire, way more than just the pretty face Fox stations seem to pick up most often. I've heard rumblings that a promotion might already be in her future, and if so, I wish her the best.

From what I can gather, she doesn't appear much in the latter hours of GDC and doesn't have as large a role as Kori did (at least not now). Given that GDC is in the middle of finding a new set of producers (from a EP on down) among other changes, its unclear how things are going to shake out. Neither her or the new guy @ night have appeared in any promos I have seen or has made much of an impact yet.

Archived