KFMB debuts new graphics and music

A3N

Theme: Understated. Even thouggh its a theme we do not yet know who composed it, its really a good theme. Wish we knew what it was.

Graphics: They look decent, but the question is will they hold up over time. Their last gfx pack didn't really hold up over time.

Set: Upgrade needed.

Overall, the look is a B-, but we will see how they do over time.

When it comes to tossing to a reporter, saying CBS News 8's (so and so) is live from XX, is a mouthful compared to just saying CBS 8's. They should have thought it through before putting it to use.

They probably thought it was fine. We have to remember that back in the 90's, reporters signed off saying "KFMB News 8" even though the branding was just "News 8."

WhecLogoAug04.png

Nothing will be as bad as "News 10NBC."

Although it's sort of nice how the logo is actually ordered as their name is pronounced. I give them credit for that, which is nicer than some station whose logo is a number, yet their branding is like, TV 53 Super News or something weird like that.

They probably thought it was fine. We have to remember that back in the 90's, reporters signed off saying "KFMB News 8" even though the branding was just "News 8."

Even that felt awkward. As long as we're talking about awkward sign offs, let's not forget the "KFMB News 8 and 760" sign off for reports used on both TV and radio.

WhecLogoAug04.png

Nothing will be as bad as "News 10NBC."

Ouch. I don't think that even would've sounded good at the bar around closing time.

Even that felt awkward. As long as we're talking about awkward sign offs, let's not forget the "KFMB News 8 and 760" sign off for reports used on both TV and radio.

Ouch. I don't think that even would've sounded good at the bar around closing time.

KFMB News 8 was only used by the reporters to sign off as kylephoto760 mentioned, it was never used to introduce the reporter for a story. It was always News 8's (insert reporter name). It will take some time for them to get used to it, but like i've mentioned before, CBS 8 [News} is a lot easier to say/use.

WTVD in the North Carolina triangle was in the same boat back in the mid 90s. Before they changed their news branding to "ABC 11 Eyewitness News", it was known as "NewsChannel 11ABC". E.g.: "You're watching the team with experience that's working for you. This is NewsChannel 11ABC."

I have no problem with the music which seem calm, but don't like the logo. My biggest pet peeve is a station branding and don't like the CBS NEWS 8. They were better off as NEWS 8, and really dislike stations branding ABC XX News or NBC XX NEWS when your not in an O&O market.

I hate that too. Despite living in a city were O&O status IS A MUST (excluding WPHL); the non-O&Os using the network/channel verbal branding--save that for the TRUE O&Os.

I hate that too. Despite living in a city were O&O status IS A MUST (excluding WPHL); the non-O&Os using the network/channel verbal branding--save that for the TRUE O&Os.

But why does it have to be saved? Why is it such a big deal that other affiliates want to brand themselves as CBS XX News? That's exactly what they are; a CBS affiliate on channel XX that's bringing you the news.

But why does it have to be saved? Why is it such a big deal that other affiliates want to brand themselves as CBS XX News? That's exactly what they are; a CBS affiliate on channel XX that's bringing you the news.

Someone breathing a bit of sense onto this issue.

It just sounds/looks wierd on the stations that are not owned by the network they're affiliated with.

The Fox stations (excluding WSVN, KTVU, and KCPQ, which they have "Q13FOX" as the moniker) that's the only exception that should have the network/channel mention.

The ScrippsHoward stations however... can't talk about it.

HearstArgyle stations-- most of them have the stations call/channel mention, not the "other" way.

No offense, MidWest.

This might be an idea for a separate thread.

It just sounds/looks wierd on the stations that are not owned by the network they're affiliated with.

The Fox stations (excluding WSVN, KTVU, and KCPQ, which they have "Q13FOX" as the moniker) that's the only exception that should have the network/channel mention.

The ScrippsHoward stations however... can't talk about it.

HearstArgyle stations-- most of them have the stations call/channel mention, not the "other" way.

No offense, MidWest.

This might be an idea for a separate thread.

You must have not noticed this:

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?/topic/13311-branding

Archived