First Coast News' Tim Deegan arrested

bammy9

(From firstcoastnews.com)

JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. - The police report from the arrest of longtime First Coast News Chief Meteorologist Tim Deegan has been released.

Deegan was arrested in Jacksonville Beach Saturday night and charged with driving under the influence.

Patrol officers initially stopped Deegan after he allegedly rolled through a four-way stop at the intersection of 1st Street and Beach Boulevard around 7:15 p.m., according to a police report from the Jacksonville Beach Police Department.

Deegan was asked to get out of the Jeep he was driving and he complied.

The officers on scene stated they read Deegan his Miranda Rights and proceeded to conduct a DUI investigation.

They placed Deegan under arrest and he was charged with DUI and booked into the Duval County Jail at 9:48 p.m. Saturday.

Deegan was released on his own recognizance on Sunday at 11:19 a.m.

First Coast News president and general manager Eric S. Land released the following statement:

"As a matter of policy, First Coast News does not comment on matters of a legal or personnel nature involving our employees."

First Coast News

Oh boy...

On an unrelated note, here's one of the comments of the story from a man named Dustin Smith.

Dan Hicken walked in on Tim and Donna banging in the weather van 15 years ago...fact

I've been saying this for years. How Dan managed to continue to anchor alongside his ex-wife and her new husband is beyond me (Well not really the guy competed only with the dean of Jax Sports Sam Kouvaris on WJXT). I always called it the weirdest or creepiest anchor team situation ever.

Not only was it beyond weird,but she sitting next to two guys that she's married too or were married too... Both of those dude bang her and I'm sure her girlfriends had questions???

That's certainly one way to put it. :)

• 1 month later...

An update on this situation. Deegan has been put on 12 months probation, a 6 month revoking of his driver's license, do 50 hours of community service, and pay $1,031 in court costs and fines, as well as attend DUI School. Deegan pleaded no contest to the charge. It is still unclear to whether he will return to First Coast News.

LINK TO ARTICLE: http://jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2013-12-11/story/first-coast-new-meteorologist-tim-deegan-sentenced-1-year-probation

Archived