Contract for PIX11's GM not renewed

knightofni

That station's just a shell of it's former self. Seems that it's pretty much decimated these days (no good programs on CW, news stinks, etc.). I'm just hoping that someone can come to the rescue before it's completely down the drain (where's Bill Applegate when you need him?).

It's about time.

Expecting him to join Carey and Abrams at Touchvision soon. The trifecta of awful news programming will be complete.

Ah boy. That disasterous so called "newsmovie" kaleidoscope of a subchannel network.

I'm happy Channel 26 moved Bounce to This's spot and not that borefest TouchVision.

I'm hoping they finally can get someone good to run WPIX, and not anybody. Someone who had an experience to run a major market station and not like a joke.

EXCELLENT!!!!! I have been calling for his termination from the very beginning.

Yes, this should be the start of REAL change at Channel 11.

I agree, Mark Effron should not be general manager. Perhaps the next GM will replace him as well.

I found this very interesting...

There’s no word on who will succeed Meyrowitz or if an interim GM will be named by the station. One rumor has news director Mark Effron ascending to the new role.The source believes, “Everybody says if they move him upstairs, [they're] walking out.”

Is Effron incompetent or so disliked that some employees are willing to walk out if he becomes GM?

I found this very interesting...

Is Effron incompetent or so disliked that some employees are willing to walk out if he becomes GM?

I don't know if he is so disliked that people will suddenly quit if becomes GM, but it's well documented by Tuned In that staffers don't like some of the moves he has made at the news operation.

Personally, he lost me when he said that WPIX would limit its coverage of the suburbs.

B&C said that WTIC's VP/GM Rich Graziano is Meyrowitz's replacement as the new President/GM of Channel 11.

His position is in effect immediately.

Well, that was FAST! Hopefully Mr. Graziano will do a better job than his predecessor.

Archived