Whats next for Ann Curry?

BehindNYNews

Her contract is up in early 2014 and obviously won't be staying at NBC.

The article essentially says CBS News said they don't want her. I wonder if ABC would be interested. Maybe she can work along side Martha Raddatz internationally. I don't see her on CNN unless Christiane Amanpour left or Fox News.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/whats-next-for-ann-curry_b206975

It's funny, I was just looking through some old threads, and noticed a comment from about 4 years ago (near Gibson's retirement) stating ABC didn't have a lot of depth, and could use a big name to pad the team. Now, I feel they're loaded with talent (male and female). For that reason, I don't think ABC would be interested. Look at Katie Couric, too big a name in the crowd, and now she's gone.

Look at Katie Couric, too big a name in the crowd, and now she's gone.

Katie is an ABC News corespondent but she was never really on ABC except for The Year (last year) and Election Night 2012 checking social media. And I think it's telling that she is not doing The Year again this year.

Katie is an ABC News corespondent but she was never really on ABC except for The Year (last year) and Election Night 2012 checking social media. And I think it's telling that she is not doing The Year again this year.

She's gone from ABC News. Only the talk show remains, for now...

She's gone from ABC News. Only the talk show remains, for now...

She was never really at ABC News... Besides her week on GMA, I don't think I saw her a day on World News, 20/20 or Nightline. (Yes she was considered at ABC News but never actually there).

Yeah, for Yah-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I almost said that with a straight face.

:D

It's funny, I was just looking through some old threads, and noticed a comment from about 4 years ago (near Gibson's retirement) stating ABC didn't have a lot of depth, and could use a big name to pad the team. Now, I feel they're loaded with talent (male and female). For that reason, I don't think ABC would be interested. Look at Katie Couric, too big a name in the crowd, and now she's gone.

Agreed. Bordering on overcrowded.

Now, is AJAM really willing to pony up 12+ million? Or maybe Curry would take a pay cut.

She was never really at ABC News... Besides her week on GMA, I don't think I saw her a day on World News, 20/20 or Nightline. (Yes she was considered at ABC News but never actually there).

:D

She appeared on World News a few days after her ABC debut to promote some story. Never saw her appear again.

She appeared on World News a few days after her ABC debut to promote some story. Never saw her appear again.

She also did some Nightline or 20/20 specials and filed a few reports for GMA.

The problem at ABC News is that they don't know how to handle a big name that arrives from outside their network. Look what happened with Christiane Amanpour. "This Week" tanked, they made her "global affairs anchor" and to let her go back to CNN part-time.. now she's basically back with CNN full-time and is rarely on ABC.

She also did some Nightline or 20/20 specials and filed a few reports for GMA.

The problem at ABC News is that they don't know how to handle a big name that arrives from outside their network. Look what happened with Christiane Amanpour. "This Week" tanked, they made her "global affairs anchor" and to let her go back to CNN part-time.. now she's basically back with CNN full-time and is rarely on ABC.

They never should have brought her to anchor This Week in the first place. She's an international affairs journalist, not a political journalist, and while she was host, the show turned into an international affairs show.

Archived