Winter Storm and Blizzard "Hercules" Coverage

NYNewsCoverage

I started a new topic where you can talk about NYC stations' coverage of the blizzard. As of tonight, WNBC has had extensive coverage at the 7pm hour, not joining regular programming. Every other station is having regular programming with either hourly or half-hour updates. By the way, Lonnie officially has his sleeves up and the jacket off at WCBS. I guess it's getting serious. He tweeted that it's not the snow amount, but rather the wind and cold air that's triggering the sleeves to be rolled up. We'll have to see what happens. (Also, suprised WABC hasn't brought in Lee Goldberg and WNYW hasn't brought in Nick Gregory). I think it's okay that Janice isn't brought in though. We'll have to see what happens.

By the way, Lonnie officially has his sleeves up and the jacket off at WCBS. I guess it's getting serious.

I'm sorry but it really doesn't matter whether he has his sleeves up or not.

(Also, suprised WABC hasn't brought in Lee Goldberg and WNYW hasn't brought in Nick Gregory). I think it's okay that Janice isn't brought in though. We'll have to see what happens.

So its ok Janice isn't there but not that Lee and Nick aren't? Not sure your reasoning behind that.

I will simply say that with such an experienced morning weather anchor, arguably more experienced than any other weather person in NY, it doesn't matter whether Lee is there or not if Bill is in.

WPIX was on at 4pm today, they also extended the 10pm news until Midnight. WABC and WNBC also extended their 11pm newscasts until midnight. WCBS ended 1 minute late (11:36pm) and went to Letterman.

I don't know, you would think that WCBS and WNYW would want to be like WABC (#1 in the Country) and stay on, but hey, #1 isn't that great [he said sarcastically].

WABC, WCBS and WNBC will all be starting a half hour earlier at 4am. As usual, WNYW has not changed its programing AT ALL and will start at 4:30am.

I'm sorry but it really doesn't matter whether he has his sleeves up or not.

So its ok Janice isn't there but not that Lee and Nick aren't? Not sure your reasoning behind that.

I will simply say that with such an experienced morning weather anchor, arguably more experienced than any other weather person in NY, it doesn't matter whether Lee is there or not if Bill is in.

Janice is probably on vacation or something. Maybe she'll be on tonight. I noticed that over the past couple weeks both Shiba & Chuck were off a bit. With Shiba returning the day before or the day after christmas, and then off again until yesterday evening. Chuck returned last night as well.

WCBS preempted Let's Make a Deal and The Price is Right (they're airing on WLNY instead) to cover extended coverage of Mayor de Blasio's press conference, then more overall coverage, presumably to flow into the noon news. WNBC has similarly preempted Steve Harvey (not sure about Today Show), but they aren't airing it anywhere else.

WNBC tweeted that they're going until 1. I'd imagine that's when everyone else is going to sign off.

Also, I'm going by my Winter Storm naming system, and I decided to top Hercules. I will be referring to this as:

Winter-Storm-He-Man-Thumbnail.jpg

Amy Freeze moving up in the top dog ratings, seemed to be working 24/7.

She deserves it. Very good meteorologist while here at 10. Glad she's getting quite a bit of exposure.

Rob Powers anchoring at 4 on WABC Diana Williams is anchoring at 4 as well both in for Liz and David. First time i've seen Rob anchoring the news although read from others on here he has anchored news before and from what I see he's doing good.

Rob Powers anchoring at 4 on WABC Diana Williams is anchoring at 4 as well both in for Liz and David. First time i've seen Rob anchoring the news although read from others on here he has anchored news before and from what I see he's doing good.

Rob anchors rather often, mostly for David or Ken. He is a great anchor.

Archived