The Oldest Active Anchor in the U.S.

24994J

The title says it all, who is THE OLDEST anchor in America right now? I'm only curious, as seeing Harry Porterfield still chugging along on WBBM in Chicago (at 85 years, 4.5 months) made me wonder if there is a regularly-scheduled anchorman or woman that tops him.

Also, who was the oldest sitting anchor ever in this country? I couldn't find anything online of that nature.

For meteorologists, Dick Goddard of WJW Cleveland ranks up there....could anyone be older than him who's actively on air? He turns 83 next month, and has no plans of retiring any time soon, even though he has noticeably scaled back his on air duties over the past several years, ceding much of his shows to Andre Bernier.

Not an anchor but Gabe Pressman of WNBC is still senior correspondent at the station and he turns 90 next month. Been with WNBC since 1954. First with radio, then moving to television in 1956. Talk about dedication to your job.

Not an anchor but Gabe Pressman of WNBC is still senior correspondent at the station and he turns 90 next month. Been with WNBC since 1954. First with radio, then moving to television in 1956. Talk about dedication to your job.

Pressman was briefly with WNEW (now WNYW Fox 5) from 1972 to 1979.

Archived