CNN schedule changes:

JoseRM303

CNN announced today that it will be changing it's daytime schedule:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn-changes-around-the-world-canceled-john-berman-michaela-pereira-add-11am_b210680

• Around the World with Suzanne Malveaux & Michael Holmes cancelled
  • Legal View with Ashleigh Banfield moving to noon ET timeslot
  • Michaela Pereira & John Berman to co-anchor new show at 11 AM ET (will continue to anchor their current shows ; New Day & Early Start)
  • Suzanne Malveaux returning to Washington as national correspondent
  • Michael Holmes to return full time to CNN international. Will continue to anchor "international desk"

Carol Costello continues her duties at 9 - 11 am, Michaela & John add 11 am duties, Ashleigh at noon, Wolf at 1 & Brooke from 2 - 4 pm ET

Not gonna lie. I watch CNN most of the day but I usually avoid 12pm hour. The hosts were boring. I'm hoping Berman/Pereria find chemistry and eventually get moved up to the top spots on "New Day" replacing Chris and Kate. Chris could get his own daytime hour to anchor while Kate would go back into reporting on politics/co-hosting with Wolf (who I think she had much better chemistry with).

Roger Ailes may have been right with "MSNBC and CNN are out of the news business."

Political talk shows in primetime don't count as being in the news business to me and are just as much of a news product as CNN and the future documentary serieses it'll be doing. "Blackfish" was news because it exposed a scandal that I'm sure the common American wasn't aware of before watching. I wouldn't mind if CNN became the documentary channel and aired a bunch of miniseries/documentaries that went behind the scenes and exposed different sects of industry because I think that's still news. It's the perfect way to find a niche.

The only nets which actually provide news at night are AJAM and the BBC and that's because neither has much pressure to broadcast star-studded, highly controversial commentaries.

Archived