WOIO New News Set

TexasTVNews

If I had to guess, this was an FX job (given their recent involvement with Raycom upgrading all of their stations to HD).

I actually like this! It just needs a First Alert duratran on the weather desk and a 19 Action News duratran on the news desk. Other than that, I like it.

Waaaaay too monochromatic. The blue is just overwhelming anything else about the set. It looks like it should be color changing, though. I'd like to see it with some other color choices.

It's a strange combination if you ask me. 95% of it is flat, backlit colored surfaces... then you have that one small portion of brick above the weather center, and another small section mostly hidden behind the anchor desk.

• 1 month later...

Almost certainly FX, they seem to like those funny panel monitor effects (where the city skyline is). Is that a duratran? WXYZ has a similar thing but it is a big box screen for stand-ups and they have an FX studio. Rounded weather pod and rounded column effects give me a stronger feeling that it is. The news desk looks like a new wave bar counter.

Archived