Feb 13 Storm Coverage

wabceyewitness

Were all or most of the stations on air all day? I see WABC blew out all daytime programming, except for a portion of GMA and the 2pm hour of "General Hospital". Just curious what the others did?

WCBS did coverage all morning minus 7-7:30am, they went to CTM. WPIX was on from morning-12:30pm and went on at 4pm, WNBC was on 4-7am, went to the Today Show 7-am, idk about the second or third hour, they went local at 10am-1pm and of course once again, WNYW had absolutely ZERO special coverage.

A note on what I have noticed at WABC, in the morning, they don't usually put a reporter in Roadcam 7, they just have someone drive it with a camera.

I really like the "accuweather snow alert" open WABC used to open the 11:00 show. It was perfect for the type of conditions that we are experiencing tonight.

They used it on the evening broadcasts too. One thing I have noticed a lot at WABC, they are always making new opens. Yesterday morning they had an entirely different one. I think I have counted four different ones they have used this winter alone.

Archived