Barbara Walters to leave in May

mountainave

She has officially announced when her last show will be on The View.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/barbara-walters-announces-her-last-152559949.html

And, according to Whoopi, ABC will name its NYC headquarters the Barbara Walters Building.

Are they going to have someone replace her on the view? Or is just going to be the 3 (Jenny, Sherry & Whoopi)?

Are they going to have someone replace her on the view? Or is just going to be the 3 (Jenny, Sherry & Whoopi)?

If the show does not get cancelled, then most likely Barbara will choose her replacement. My guess is that they'll add 2 new faces to the program. I'm curious if Barbara would be willing to bring back Rosie O'Donnell in an effort to boost ratings. Like her or not, Rosie certainly brought some baggage and viewers with her. Plus Rosie and Whoopi get along pretty well so it could certainly make the show more entertaining.

If the show does not get cancelled, then most likely Barbara will choose her replacement. My guess is that they'll add 2 new faces to the program. I'm curious if Barbara would be willing to bring back Rosie O'Donnell in an effort to boost ratings. Like her or not, Rosie certainly brought some baggage and viewers with her. Plus Rosie and Whoopi get along pretty well so it could certainly make the show more entertaining.

Rosie only worked because she is the polar opposite of Hasselbeck. Her arguments with Hasselbeck definitely made for GREAT television. Doubt Rosie would come back though, it was her choice to leave anyways.

The View really needs a conservative in the panel along with a liberal, would definitely help the show and make it watchable. And please get rid of Jenny McCarthy she is unwatchable.

I agree. In the past they had someone named Michelle Malkin (?) sit in and it was quite entertaining seeing her conservative views clash with the other liberal views, they should consider her for the program. Rosie was a guest on the view about a month and a half ago and she was on her best behavior, you could certainly tell that she was trying not to piss Barbara off. I just find it interesting that Barbara would invite Rosie back, 8 years after the infamous fight with Elisabeth. It's no secret that Barbara needs to do something to bring in the viewers because if she doesn't, a 3rd hour of GMA is waiting to replace The View.

Why not S.E. Cupp as the 'house' conservative? She gained something of a cult following while on Greg Gutfeld's late night show. Plus she's already been on the similar-formatted "The Cycle" and CNN's "Crossfire" reboot, so she could more than hold her own with the rest of the group.

No offense to Michelle Malkin, but if she was put up against Whoopi and Jenny (and Rosie?) on a daily basis, the Rosie-Elizabeth feud would look innocent and charming in comparison. And that was a feud in which Donald-Freakin-Trump had to stick his nose in.

Why not S.E. Cupp as the 'house' conservative? She gained something of a cult following while on Greg Gutfeld's late night show. Plus she's already been on the similar-formatted "The Cycle" and CNN's "Crossfire" reboot, so she could more than hold her own with the rest of the group.

No offense to Michelle Malkin, but if she was put up against Whoopi and Jenny (and Rosie?) on a daily basis, the Rosie-Elizabeth feud would look innocent and charming in comparison. And that was a feud in which Donald-Freakin-Trump had to stick his nose in.

S.E. Cupp is pretty good and she can hold her own compared to Malkin who always seems to be on the attack and incapable of holding a non political conversation.

Archived