KOSA Gets Much Needed Upgrades.

Big Country News

KOSA in Midland/Odessa have had the same bad graphics and music for years, and have been needing a full makeover ever since. I came across a little-known, but well-used designer who has done work for Nexstar and many Canadian stations, WireFrame Group.

This picture appeared on their website shortly after midnight on May 1st.

KOSA.jpg

It depicts a redesign. Recently, KOSA got a new website with a similar color scheme.

I'll watch and bring you the latest when I get it.

Discuss!

KOSA needs a new CBS 7 logo, they had that current logo since the mid or late 90s.

Dates to their Benedek ownership. KHQA, another former Benedek station, also has a nearly identical logo (different color scheme). I actually don't mind it.

As for the graphics, looks nice. The older graphics were OK but were getting dated and I detest Impact (the font).

The bigger wish though: that they'll finally drop that "CBS 2002 Affiliate Theme" in favor of something like the new Enforcer cuts or Stephen Arnold's CBS Local theme. The graphics seem like they could go with it.

I also didn't know this firm was behind WDTV's recent redesign (where they half-assed it because they're still using the same in-house open and therefore three different logos because their website has something else too; make up your mind WDTV).

And why did KOSA go with BLOX as their CMS? That's primarily a newspaper CMS (though a couple other stations also use it unfortunately)...

The logo is hideous, but the graphics are nice. Didn't they do a reality show at this station years ago?

That station was KYTX in Tyler that did "Anchorwoman".

Why don't Gray go ahead and buy KOSA already. They'll finally bring the proper infrastructure into the station.

I'm pretty sure those L3s are from the new Raycom package or darn near close to it. But, regarding the music. I absolutely love the CBS 2002 package they've been using. I agree that they need a new logo. Something like WSAW or WHIO would be nice.

I'm pretty sure those L3s are from the new Raycom package or darn near close to it. But, regarding the music. I absolutely love the CBS 2002 package they've been using. I agree that they need a new logo. Something like WSAW or WHIO would be nice.

I said the same thing about those L3s!

The logo is hideous, but the graphics are nice. Didn't they do a reality show at this station years ago?

That station was KYTX in Tyler that did "Anchorwoman".

No, Breaking News is referring to "Making News: Texas Style". They've definitely come a long way from that show.

But, regarding the music. I absolutely love the CBS 2002 package they've been using.

It may have sounded nice in 2002 but it's dated now. They should have dropped it five years ago.

No, Breaking News is referring to "Making News: Texas Style". They've definitely come a long way from that show.

It may have sounded nice in 2002 but it's dated now. They should have dropped it five years ago.

1. I watched MN:TS and I like it!

2. It would sound good today if they would use more than one cut!

I was never aware about that one. Or if I did, I certainly didn't remember that one thoroughly. My error.

I was never aware about that one. Or if I did, I certainly didn't remember that one thoroughly. My error.

It was on the TV Guide Channel, and therefore was little noticed by most everyone.

I actually like the logo, myself. With the right 3D treatment I think it would look pretty good. As for the rest...

• The bug is atrociously bright, and definitely needs to be toned down.
  • The fonts are...passable. Not bad. Not outstanding. Just passable.
  • The colors look like they're straight off a PowerPoint template.
  • The 3D eye looks incredibly stupid in that treatment.

Overall, a C- for effort.

Making News Texas Style season one and the next they did Making News Savannah Style.

And that was WJCL.

I wonder who the composer of KOSA's current package was. KXJB in Fargo used it too at some point.

Making News Texas Style season one and the next they did Making News Savannah Style. Both were on TVGN, but I didn't see the KYTX in Tyler, TX..

That's because Fox cancelled "Anchorwoman" after one night of back-to-back episodes. The remaining episodes were online for a few months thereafter, but haven't been seen since.

• 7 months later...

Archived