Who's replacing Diana Perez on ABC overnight?

LarryFlick

I was bummed to see Perez sign off for the last time this morning. She had a solid presence and she was a good fit for the sometimes freewheeling tone of the broadcast.

Any insight into what happened? I liked Marci Gonzales when she filled in during Perez's maternity leave.

Seems like the turnover on this shift is getting faster. I miss the Ryan Owen era, personally.

Any insight into what happened?

She wants more time with her family and that is hard with the hours of WNN. Plus her family lives in Philly and she is in NY.

Seems like the turnover on this shift is getting faster.

Not at all. It's actually gotten a lot better. Rob Nelson, over his 2 years, had some 16 different co anchors.

I liked Marci Gonzales when she filled in during Perez's maternity leave.

Good because it will very likely be Marci replacing Diana.

She wants more time with her family and that is hard with the hours of WNN. Plus her family lives in Philly and she is in NY.

Not at all. It's actually gotten a lot better. Rob Nelson, over his 2 years, had some 16 different co anchors.

Good because it will very likely be Marci replacing Diana.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. It's kinda cool to see someone choose life over work once in a while. I do hope the anchor spot goes to Marci Gonzales. She was a solid presence during her fill in months.

This may not be a marquee broadcast, but for those of us on the predawn work shift, this is a key way of getting news... even the cable channels are in reruns.

This morning Linzi Janus filled in and she will be in the rest of the week.

I thought she was OK, but not great. Bland and boring just like John Muller. Definitely lacks the perkiness of Marci (who I'm still holding hope will be bumped up).

I was underwhelmed by Janis this morning. Far too bland and measured, which goes against the more personality driven tone of this shift.

Gonzales would be ideal. I still miss Vanita Nair and Jeremy Hubbard

Now that my wish has come true and John Muller will finally be leaving (thank goodness), ABC should make the Marci Gonzalez-Muhammad Lila pairing permanent.They filled in the week after New Year's. The chemistry they have together is PERFECT for this program.

And I was sad to see John Muller come back (yeah you can tell I'm not a big fan of him lol)...

Here's a video I ripped from YouTube so you can see exactly what I mean:

[yt]sM5gTM2_Sjg[/yt]

I still miss Vanita Nair and Jeremy Hubbard

Hubbard and Nair made the program watchable again after years of blandness. Rob Nelson was passable but once Vanita left, he too shifted to bland.

Then Muller and Perez took over and it bland-central.

Now that my wish has come true and John Muller will finally be leaving (thank goodness), ABC should make the Marci Gonzalez-Muhammad Lila pairing permanent.They filled in the week after New Year's. The chemistry they have together is PERFECT for this program.

Holy cow, Lila & Gonzalez would make this show watchable again. That is some amazing chemistry on display in that video.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so for the past three weeks, Reena Ninan has filled in with various male anchors, including Devin Dwyer, Matt Guttman and Tahman Bradley. Guess they've settled on Ninan as the replacement. Sorry but she's just as bland as Perez. I guess ABC wants to keep the status quo of the program.

Alright so for the past three weeks, Reena Ninan has filled in with various male anchors, including Devin Dwyer, Matt Guttman and Tahman Bradley. Guess they've settled on Ninan as the replacement. Sorry but she's just as bland as Perez. I guess ABC wants to keep the status quo of the program.

I was really hoping for Marci....

I'm not impressed by Ninan. Or any of the guys who have filled in. This broadcast needs strong personalities. Where are they???

This broadcast really seems to prefer using people who are otherwise primarily ABC NewsOne (ABC's affiliate news service) correspondents. Marci for instance is primarily a NewsOne correspondent. Tahman Bradley is another NewsOne correspondent. I'm not saying they don't appear on the ABC network at all because obviously they do, but for the most part you see them more on the affiliates than on the network. The network has their correspondents (like Byron Pitts, Hamish MacDonald, Martha Raddatz etc.) of course who usually don't appear during local newscasts and vice versa.

• 3 months later...

Archived