When did older Stimulus cuts become WLS News Package?

Guest NewsHound

Guest NewsHound

Looking through the NMSA and I discovered that "Stimulus" from Gari Media Group, long known as News Series 2000 Plus, has split three ways. The new "Stimulus" cuts that WLS is currently using are known now as Stimulus, while the older cuts WLS used from 1993 up until their recent refresh are now known as the WLS News Package.

Then, theres News Series 2000 Plus which have some much older and somewhat softer cuts, all of the exact same note signature, and honestly sounds exactly like WLS News Package, but also mixes in some reused Gari themes with the "Stimulus" signature, like those same recurring "The One and Only" cuts that almost all of Gari's 1990s packages have, just swapping out the signature with the one from Stimulus.

Confused? Yes I thought News Series 2000 Plus and WLS News Package were the same, but apparently not. I guess this means older Stimulus/NS2000+ cuts are retired if they aren't apart of the "new" Stimulus?

When did the NMSA do this?

I refuse to call it the "WLS News Package". It's still News Series 2000 Plus in my book. NMSA doesn't have the best judgment sometimes with these spilttings/retitilings, etc. The NMSA is like Wikipedia. Most of the info's right but some of it is wrong.

I do like the idea of separating the original News Series 2000 Plus and Stimulus on the NMSA, but breaking off the WLS Package is essentially pointless. I think the primary item that factored into the split was the First News fusion cut that WLS commissioned in '01 for the morning show.

I refuse to call it the "WLS News Package". It's still News Series 2000 Plus in my book. NMSA doesn't have the best judgment sometimes with these spilttings/retitilings, etc. The NMSA is like Wikipedia. Most of the info's right but some of it is wrong.

I can somewhat agree... In-Sink v.4 is listed separate from the rest of In-Sink for some reason (I guess because the WISH signature is different?), so WRAL has a separate listing for it, as does WILM-they're still using v.3 for weather updates/IDs/promos

Archived