FIX WPIX

Newyorktalent

Another shakeup at the #4 station

But let's be honest it's probably gonna either have no impact or make it worse.

The station needs to do one thing before any other.

Fire Mark Effron.

Everything begins and ends with him.

Last Summer he put together these anchor teams and not even a year later he blows everything up.

His only bright spot was having the station throw cash at viewers.

He's also gone through a few managers in a little over a year.

No one with credibility will cross the street.

So either he gets fired or things will stay the same.

Hire a ND with a clear vision and a rolodex.

Then, go hire all new managers, people from winning stations.

Get rid of Kori Chambers , Mr G , Tamsen Fadel.

Chambers is hard to watch. Like a train wreck

Mr G does not bring in the viewers and it's time to find the stations future meteorologist

Fadel cares more about pimping her books and social life as opposed to being a journalist.

BTW, try winning best anchor in an Emmy field with Diana Williams , Kristine Johnson , and Sibilia Vargas.

Stanford did his best but he sits next to a weak co-anchor. Now Muller will have to carry Fadel until she's dumped.

The reporting staff is weak. None of them are standouts and can't compete with the competition.

If Tribune bosses are serious about change then it needs to start with the ND slot

I could'nt have said this better myself totally agree with you. Did you hear Tamsen on those stupid broadway spot's she does "My other passion" why don't PIX fire this troll, If I said that at my job my bosses would have fired me. PIX anchors right now have nooo class.

No ones being a "hater" this website is a discussion fourm where people get together to discuss and critique tv news...right now it's no secret that WPIX is not in a good position and changes need to be made in order for them to succeed.

No ones being a "hater" this website is a discussion fourm where people get together to discuss and critique tv news...right now it's no secret that WPIX is not in a good position and changes need to be made in order for them to succeed.

No ones being a hater? Really?

Quotes from Bamagator:

"I'm convinced now WPIX-11 Morning and Evening newscast is the worst on TV enough said"

"Yea it's about time now lets dump Church, Suki, Tamsen way to go WPIX"

"They need to dump glamour girl Tamsen Fadal and that laughing hyena Sukanya Krishnan that's a start."

"Can someone please tell me why the WPIX 11 Morning News is filled with a bunch of left wingers"

"I suppose stupid New Yorkers watch stupid WPIX 11 News that only have a left wing agenda."

"Is it me or is Tamsen Fadal very cold to the crew at 10pm?"

"PIX anchors right now have nooo class."

Quotes from LiveTruckDude:

"I remember when the station had credibility with Tong and Watkins... How Effron keeps his job much longer will be a mystery he signed off on this disaster. "

"Scott and Tamsen are too phony. She's not authentic and as a journalist is weak. Too much Botox. He doesn't have the news chops either.

They have reporter issues too. What they need is a ND who knows talent. Effron has missed the mark completely."

"Lets be honest it's more than the anchor. The 10 has some weak reporters and its essentially a repeat of the 5. I also think Mr.G needs to go.

If the numbers are that bad how do you justify keeping anyone? Otherwise it's same pig - different shade of lipstick."

I could go on but u can see for yourself. These 2 have nothing but an axe to grind. Stop beating a dead horse already.

No ones being a hater? Really?

Quotes from Bamagator:

"I'm convinced now WPIX-11 Morning and Evening newscast is the worst on TV enough said"

"Yea it's about time now lets dump Church, Suki, Tamsen way to go WPIX"

"They need to dump glamour girl Tamsen Fadal and that laughing hyena Sukanya Krishnan that's a start."

"Can someone please tell me why the WPIX 11 Morning News is filled with a bunch of left wingers"

"I suppose stupid New Yorkers watch stupid WPIX 11 News that only have a left wing agenda."

"Is it me or is Tamsen Fadal very cold to the crew at 10pm?"

"PIX anchors right now have nooo class."

Quotes from LiveTruckDude:

"I remember when the station had credibility with Tong and Watkins... How Effron keeps his job much longer will be a mystery he signed off on this disaster. "

"Scott and Tamsen are too phony. She's not authentic and as a journalist is weak. Too much Botox. He doesn't have the news chops either.

They have reporter issues too. What they need is a ND who knows talent. Effron has missed the mark completely."

"Lets be honest it's more than the anchor. The 10 has some weak reporters and its essentially a repeat of the 5. I also think Mr.G needs to go.

If the numbers are that bad how do you justify keeping anyone? Otherwise it's same pig - different shade of lipstick."

I could go on but u can see for yourself. These 2 have nothing but an axe to grind. Stop beating a dead horse already.

You could also choose to not read what you don't like...

You could also choose to not read what you don't like...

I wish that was possible but this stuff creeps into every single post about PIX and new threads like this one appear daily. It's flooding what is otherwise a great board.

I wish that was possible but this stuff creeps into every single post about PIX and new threads like this one appear daily. It's flooding what is otherwise a great board.

It is possible, just skip the posts, nobody compels you to read it after all... besides, PIX seems to be a disaster of a station...

In all honesty, if WPIX left everything alone (albeit, four years ago), we would not be having all these posts and threads about how bad the station is today.

I should mention that I am not a "PIX hater," I grew up on PIX with Kaity Tong (and Jim Watkins). For me, the news on Channel 11 was appointment viewing.

Then Bill Carey came along.

I was actually rooting for Mark Effron to turn things around at Channel 11, but he has made things worse. He has to go--that is reality.

No one understands more than me that ratings and revenues drive the decision making at TV stations. But let's stop and think--How much money and how many viewers were lost due to the poor decision making on 42nd Street since 2010? They were supposed to launch more newscasts this spring, but can't due to lack of money (and lack of viewers).

It may seem that everyone is dumping on WPIX, but it's not the fault of anyone on this board that the station nowadays is a shell of its former great self. The news department needs serious leadership, and that has been missing for a long time. So, yes, everyone wants change, especially me.

Archived