Joe Cioffi WNBC

Guest wxman2106

Guest wxman2106

WOW..what a turn around. Cioffi is not finished. He appears to be going to WNBC-4. TVspy is saying he could be warming up to take Sally-Ann mosley's spot. IMO shes horrible. Should have stayed in Philly!

Guest wxman2106

From what i am hearing she's only a freelancer. Her picture doesn't show up on the website. Same situation happened with Joe, not known by many he was a freelancer for 11 years and his picture would not show up on the website.

From what i am hearing she's only a freelancer. Her picture doesn't show up on the website. Same situation happened with Joe, not known by many he was a freelancer for 11 years and his picture would not show up on the website.

Which website are you referring to? Because they both have pic/bio on the websites of the respective stations they work at.

Actually, I'd prefer Joe replace John Marshall, who, IMO, has always been small-market material. How he got weekends in NY is beyond me. He mumbles and slurs a mile a minute through his heavy NY accent and I often can't make out a word he's saying.

Good luck Joe C! It's YOUR turn...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/06/08/2007-06-08_rosato_stokes_ch7_viewers.html

Changing climes

Joe Cioffi won't be without a weathercasting job for long.

Cioffi, weekend weatherman for WPIX/ Ch.11, will jump to WNBC/Ch. 4 as a freelancer when his Ch. 11 contract expires later this month.

Cioffi was left without a spot at Ch.11 when morning weathercaster Linda Church told station execs she wanted to leave when her contract was up. In an effort to keep her, Ch. 11 brass dangled Cioffi's job, which, at the time, he was still in.

A Ch.4 spokeswoman confirmed Cioffi will join the station as a backup next month.

Cioffi has been with Ch.11 since 1996.

As for Ch.11, no word on a replacement for Church or when she'll make a move.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for Joe.

As I mentioned in another thread, I believe he debuts on NBC4 this weekend. That leads me to believe Sally Ann may not be freelancing for them much longer since she usually filled in for John Marshall.

So depending on what your definition is of a meteorologist (education, training, AMS Seal etc) that means that this market is finally getting some good weekend forecasting again.

With the exception of Vanessa on 9 or ??? on 11

2- Elise Finch

4- Joe Cioffi

5- Craig Allen

7- Heidi Jones

I doubt that. WCBS is actually hiring people with talent these days and i think they're content with the team the have now. Plus, Mosey is not #1 market material.

What do you consider "these days"

Does Ibby Carruthers or Kristine Johnson fall under the category of these days or those days?

Good for Joe.

As I mentioned in another thread, I believe he debuts on NBC4 this weekend. That leads me to believe Sally Ann may not be freelancing for them much longer since she usually filled in for John Marshall.

Pardon my inability to grasp. Are you saying that you believe Joe will be filling in when Marshall's off (w/Mosey still a.m.)? Or Joe permanent in the a.m. and Mosey taking Marshall's slot?

So Joe Cioffi will become the weekend morning person?

Perhaps Mosey should go to channel 2 as a weekend evening person to relieve Elise Finch who does the whole weekend.

I don't know. But if 4 doesn't keep her, would 2 really want her? Do you really think she's that much of an improvement over Caruthers?

Good for Joe.

Pardon my inability to grasp. Are you saying that you believe Joe will be filling in when Marshall's off (w/Mosey still a.m.)? Or Joe permanent in the a.m. and Mosey taking Marshall's slot?

SallyAnn may continue mornings but sounds like Joe will become the go-to guy.

I doubt that. WCBS is actually hiring people with talent these days and i think they're content with the team the have now. Plus, Mosey is not #1 market material.

What do you consider "these days"

Does Ibby Carruthers or Kristine Johnson fall under the category of these days or those days?

Good point, but i was really referring to the weather dept. Caruthers was just freelancing, but they fixed that problem with Finch. I think Quinn and Finch are great hires and they have certainly proved themselves that they belong in a #1 market. Mosey like Caruthers seems too shaky on camera. Although, Caruthers seems much more comfortable on WWOR than she was on WNBC or WCBS, i dare say she seems better than Puente.

Guest wxman2106

im sorry..what are you talking about. First off Carothers belongs in billings montana broadcasting to farm animals. She's old and doesn't know what shes talking about. Quinn is horrible with the camera and even after the daily news article came out he continues to be unchanged. As for mosley..Her brady bunch routine is very annoying.."Just give us our damn forecast already and stop sugar coating it" What im getting at is WNBC has an amazing dynamic weather team with Huff (who worked under Al Rocker, Joe Witte which are the best forecasters i know of) Cimino which is very brilliant with a certain balance of conservativness and Marshell who earned a good rep in the city. If you throw Cioffi in the mix you have an all star weather team. Remember..This city being market 1 should have overall experience and not so much looks. These people should not only know NYC weather but know the entire country's weather.

Carothers belongs in billings montana broadcasting to farm animals. She's old and doesn't know what shes talking about. As for mosley..Her brady bunch routine is very annoying.."Just give us our damn forecast already and stop sugar coating it" Huff, Cimino which is very brilliant with a certain balance of conservativness and Marshell who earned a good rep in the city. If you throw Cioffi in the mix you have an all star weather team. Remember..This city being market 1 should have overall experience and not so much looks. These people should not only know NYC weather but know the entire country's weather.

Agree w/the above, except: Are you impying that Mosey is there on her looks? She's just as old as Caruthers. She has had a bunch of work done. If you'd seen her over the past few years (b4 surgery fix-ups), you'd pass out. Most assume that people are on tv based on their looks or talent. Mosey has never had either. She is completely inept. I think Huff, and Cimino are great. Not impressed w/Quinn. Slightly off topic, is Bolaris staying at 2?

Guest wxman2106

ch 2 would be dumb to get rid of bolaris IMO. Hes getting better and better in this market. Whatever he is outside of the TV box is his and his coworkers problems but viewer speaking; he is a very good broadcaster and meteorologist...Back to SallyANN..i believe the amount of work done to her. She doesn't look like she did back at PVI. She got in at a time NBC needed her due to Joe Morano's issue falling and taking a leave. Someone needs to find out whether shes freelancing or not! My bet is she is!

Sally Ann Mosey is definitely not freelancing. She was at WPVI for 8 years and I believe she was looking for a job in NYC and took whatever job she could get and that is how she went from Weekend Evenings at WPVI to Weekend TINY on WNBC. WPVI is known for finding talent (mostly great talent) and keeping them for as long they like to stay. I didn't find her horrible on WPVI, I actually liked her but she may be different at WNBC. I might see how she is this Fall.

Archived