KSWB launching 4pm newscast

Bsean

SanDiegoRadio.org reports:

" 1PM will be anchored by Erica Fox and Andrew Luria, with Jason Handman on weather.

4PM will be anchored by Jenn Karlman and Andrew Luria, with Aloha Taylor on weather.

5PM will be anchored by Jenn Karlman and Andrew Luria, with Aloha Taylor on weather.

6PM and 10PM will be anchored by Kathleen Bade and Phil Blauer, with Aloha Taylor on weather.

Weekends:

5PM and 10PM will be anchored by Misha Dibono and Brad Wills on weather.

One more new show, "Fox 5 Sports Final" will air nightly for 15 minutes. It will be a wrap-up show with highlights, interviews, features, and analysis. It will be anchored by Troy Hirsch and Jordan Whitley. Each will be anchoring it on different nights."

So unless I'm mistaken, weekday news blocks will be: 430am-10am, 1pm-2pm, 4pm-7pm, and 10pm-11pm.

I'm not sure how accurate this article is when you add Maria Arcega-Dunn to the mix. She has to be an anchor. I don't think she would move over to be less than an anchor (although she did leave KGTV so who knows). The morning and midday roster still needs some adjustments. They really need to figure out a way to break the show up. Also, Sports Final has been on for a couple months now, it's not new.

SanDiegoRadio.org reports:

" 1PM will be anchored by Erica Fox and Andrew Luria, with Jason Handman on weather.

4PM will be anchored by Jenn Karlman and Andrew Luria, with Aloha Taylor on weather.

5PM will be anchored by Jenn Karlman and Andrew Luria, with Aloha Taylor on weather.

6PM and 10PM will be anchored by Kathleen Bade and Phil Blauer, with Aloha Taylor on weather.

Weekends:

5PM and 10PM will be anchored by Misha Dibono and Brad Wills on weather.

One more new show, "Fox 5 Sports Final" will air nightly for 15 minutes. It will be a wrap-up show with highlights, interviews, features, and analysis. It will be anchored by Troy Hirsch and Jordan Whitley. Each will be anchoring it on different nights."

So unless I'm mistaken, weekday news blocks will be: 430am-10am, 1pm-2pm, 4pm-7pm, and 10pm-11pm.

It looks like Jason Handman does 9 AM, 1 PM, and 4 PM. Aloha is sticking with the 5 PM, 6 PM, and 10 PM.

I didn't see the 1 PM, but no sign of Maria Arcega-Dunn today. I wonder when she is going to start.

Seems like Maria just left her old station, so it might a bit before she starts appearing on FOX 5. Wanted to add just logged on to the FOX 5 website, and Erica is anchoring at 9 am. So it would seem she continues to anchor at 9 am in addition to 1 pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a commercial for KNSD's (NBC 7) 4 pm news, who KSWB is competing with, and they said that they are San Diego's First Afternoon Newscast. Hope they will change that, before KSWB sees it...

KNSD has nothing to worry about. They'll pounce KSWB in that timeslot. This market is slow to change their habits, and even then KNSD has had the advantage of no competition at 4pm, so they have been the default choice. But for many years they were always number 2 behind KFMB when they had a 4pm newscast.

Archived