2014 NFL Season

Thundershock MN

Fun facts for the playoffs next week:

1. The NFC game will feature two teams in cities that do not have a Fox O&O (Tribune v. Sinclair).

2. WTTV gets another week to promote their partnership with the Colts and use that partnership to attract more viewers.

For 1, don't forget for TV rights, the Packers are considered to have a "dual home market" of both Green Bay (Sinclair) and Milwaukee (Tribune). So it's actually Tribune v. Tribune/Sinclair. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For 1, don't forget for TV rights, the Packers are considered to have a "dual home market" of both Green Bay (Sinclair) and Milwaukee (Tribune).

I think the Patriots have a dual home market as well: Boston (CBS O&O) and Providence (Media General).

I think the Patriots have a dual home market as well: Boston (CBS O&O) and Providence (Media General).

Providence is a "secondary market." The Packers are the only team with two "primary markets," Green Bay and Milwaukee. This is a vestige of the Packers playing 2-3 home games in Milwaukee, a practice that ended in 1994.

Fun fact: A side effect of the a "split home" is The Green Bay Packers have two season ticket packages. The "Gold Package" that consists of one preseason games and the Second & Fifth regular season home games. And, the "Green Package" that contains the remainder of the home games. The "Gold Package" is essentially the "replacement" package for the Milwaukee games.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I know I'm quoting myself. But, I'm doing so to provide some updates.

[snip]

** Final details regarding streaming of Super Bowl XLXI have yet to be announced. However, I expect there to be no authentication. I'm not sure if the league requires it or if they just strongly encourage it. This was the case in 2012 with NBC, 2013 with CBS and 2014 with FOX. So, I see no reason they'd break from doing that.

First, as I expected NBC will stream Super Bowl XLXI without authentication. I'm firmly convinced that this is a league requirement as this is now the fourth year in a row that the Super Bowl has been streamed by their TV partners sans authentication.

[snip]

The other 2015 London game (Lions vs. Chiefs on November 1st) has yet to have a kickoff time announced.

[snip]

So, the NFL has now announced that all three 2015 London games will kickoff in the extra 9:30am ET "game window." Again, I stand behind my statement above as to why the league wants this 9:30 ET "game window" to take hold.

Archived