WGN Sports

ChiCubsFan

The opens of the current package are visually stunning, and I love the different themes. The hockey theme is especially spectacular.

As for any changes, they need to figure out how to re-design the ticker before anything else...and not compress the video in the process, gosh darn it. I'm also curious as to the visual/verbal identification for the Bulls (and later White Sox (and maybe even the Cubs)) games on WPWR.

1) I love the idea of every sport having a different theme with the same WGN signature, but as for the graphics, I HATED the blue from 2008-2010.

2) The 2011 baseball and basketball "packages" were ugly and the bulls one especially. I remember it was all bright red and was just an eyesore. Baseball in 2011 was weird. It started of with the WGN Sports at the top not being centered for some games on WGN and not for others and then always centered for WGN Sports on the U. I remember for a time that Hockey had a blue bar at the top, different and glossier and than 2008. That had to have debuted in early 2011, middle of 2010-2011 season, and it was the first iteration of the post-blue package, I'm almost positive.

3) The Blackhawks' package package that debuted in the beginning of the 2011 season was excellent. It was nice and glossy. It was used for basketball, for everything EXCEPT the scorebug. That bothered me. They used the one they use currently, which looks amateurish IMO in basketball without timeouts, bonuses, etc. Then, in 2012, WGN made the switch to that all "rough" as I call it version of the hockey package when baseball season began. IMO that was a huge mistake as glossy=better, but that may just be me. The baseball version is great, just it's too small at times. I can read it fine, but sometimes I it's like wow, other people might have trouble reading that.

4) After 4 years of the same basic idea, just different interpretations, I think it's time for a new graphics package. I like glossy and round, and more readable, but stick with the nicknames or names of the team. Nice local touch. ex. CUBS, SOX, BULLS & HAWKS. I like that. 390451e3_vbattach207577.png

2011 Baseball that has WGN Sports tab left aligned. UGH!yK5KB.png

2011 Hawks: Perfect and Readable

anthony-rizzo.jpeg

2012-Present baseball: Bug looks nice but lower thirds have small font. WGN also could not decide between yellow or white for the on base indicators

IF someone can tell me how to post screenshots, I will of the 2010-2011 Bulls and Blackhawks

Archived