KTVM has Look F

LinCruzChicagoNYLA

Well you all might know that KTVM has using NBC O&O Look F from NBC Artworks and they similar to current KNTV's logo. here's the video that they upload on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/embed/6MnDJFtUCjw

Shoud wanted to use L.A. Groove theme instead?

I mentioned it in the No Emotion Box a few weeks ago. It looks really good for a small market station.

And no, L.A. Groove would not sound good with this package. I'm not sure Inergy was a good choice; I would have went with TITP.

KTVM and KCFW in Kalispell are semi-satellites of KECI in Missoula.

• 3 months later...

I think it looks good for being such a small market. Their website is all quite good as well and better than WBFF's. I guess it has to do with it being operated by Internet Broadcasting Systems Lakana.

Is that...wow...inergy. And the graphics are botched, mix of Artworks and in house.

Look F is a good package, really. But why must it get butchered by small-market stations every time? Maybe it's time Artworks needs to create a secondary package of Look F for smaller stations because that was astonishing.

I think the issue with a lot of these smaller markets taking packages designed for O&Os is simply the CG power. Many small market stations are using different/older/off-brand CGs that may not have any live-rendering capability (no 3D environment), so all elements had to be pre-rendered and imported into the CG as clips, which makes it harder to animate in-and-out lower thirds and stingers, since they are now 'fixed' to a certain duration. These stations often decide to simplify the elements they have to make it work for their current set up. Not saying that's a good thing, it's just what happens. Yeah, some of their lower thirds could be tweaked, the "single-anchor name" template in particular, but it's not that bad.

Archived