KMOV to have new set

damien6786

Looks similar to what KCTV and KPHO have. Looks very nice compared to their old studio which is very dated.

Doesn't look like there will be new graphics though. Unless they hid it for the time-lapse video.

Looks like a flushed out KMGH/KNXV set.

Devlin does it again.

Actually it looks like FX did this. They've been doing the set redesigns for the other Meredith stations and they share the same elements with the ones that KMOV is using.

http://fxgroup.tv/fxportfolio/scenic/#prettyPhoto

I also noticed that KMOV has a different bug for their newscasts now. It's more slim and rectangle shaped, so maybe there is a possibility of new graphics or at least an update of their current package.

After this new set, the new set that KTVI just launched last month, and the set for "The Allman Report" on KDNL, KSDK will have the oldest set. I don't know when KSDK will get a new set because Gannett doesn't seem to be in a set building mood (outside of WXIA). But KSDK's set was in more desperate need of an overhaul than KMOV and they both desperately needed upgraded.

Actually it looks like FX did this.

I don't think this is an FX job. There are way too many similarities between what's seen at KMOV and the recently done Devlin sets for Scripps:

http://www.ddgtv.com/projects/Scripps/

The pattern on the lightbox walls is almost exactly the same, the finishings are the same, the circular desk is very similar, and there's a tacked-on weather center to the side in all three. The only major differences seem to be that the secondary plasmas in the KMOV set are spaced out a little more evenly, which looks better.

Is it me, or do stations not take full advantage of the LED curtains or whatever equivalent that they use? Practically every new set that's installed today has them, allowing for a variety of different colors, but it seems like a lot of them just stay with the "default" display. I know KSHB only changes the colors for the NOW. Other than that, it's the same every newscast. WDAF switches it up for their morning and afternoon/evening newscasts, which is something I wish more stations would do.

Archived