New SNY Graphics for 2015 Mets Season

Geoffrey

Very nice open, but that scorebug looks cheap. Like ACC Network cheap. I'm glad they got rid of that quickly aging Fox Sports ripoff they've had since 2008.

Also, there's no video of a home run graphic anywhere in your post.

They look low-budget, almost ... like something that would look good on ASN, not major league sports. And Calibri?! Seriously.

I'm also still shocked that, especially given that they do on the other sports they occasionally cover, don't just use de-peacocked NBC Sports graphics instead. The Mets are majority-owners, but TWC and Comcast own the rest. Who knows; maybe we'll finally get Comcast SportsNet New York if that Comcast/TWC merger does end up happening. But that's the last of our worries.

Even if the merger goes through, they'll only hold a 35% combined stake; maybe they'll buy the Mets out? (A similar thing might happen to YES, but the Yankees are the minority partner there, so it might happen sooner, and see the return of Fox Sports New York.)

Even if the merger goes through, they'll only hold a 35% combined stake; maybe they'll buy the Mets out? (A similar thing might happen to YES, but the Yankees are the minority partner there, so it might happen sooner, and see the return of Fox Sports New York.)

The Mets are strapped for cash, so it's a big possibility that they either sell their stake, or at least enough to make them a minority partner. I like the look a lot. It is very clean and simple. The previous look got really bad with all the modifications they made to it. That being said, they could definitely make the scorebox a bit less transparent, and the inning/arrow needs to be separated a bit.

Archived