WLVI to air WSVN's "Deco Drive"

William1111

Uncle Ed is up to something..

WHDH's duopoly sister WLVI (CW56) is set to air "Deco Drive", WSVN's long running entertainment program; starting this Monday night (3/30) at 11pm (after WHDH's 10pm newscast)

When i saw the promo this morning, i was like "WTF?" I thought it was a hubbing error. I wonder why Ansin wanted to do this now? You would think this would have been done back in 2006 after he bought the station. My second question is he planning on syndicating it to stations outside Sunbeam? (I guess i could see Fox O&O's picking it up, maybe Tribune, etc..)

Anyways, I'll embed the promo below. I don't see any other information about this other than the promo that was aired. WHDH's website actually has a Deco section, but I'm not exactly sure if that's related.

[yt]d23f8h1x47A[/yt]

Just what people in Boston want to watch a hyper local lifestyle show. I honestly think that WLVI would be lucky to get a tenth of the viewership that the show gets in Miami.

The show doesn't appear to have that much of a fan base with only 5600 fans on Facebook. You would think there would be more given their status of South Florida's #1 Newstation.

Are they starting to use Scott Chapin again?

They should've done this a few months earlier when New England kept getting hit by blizzards. Part of the show features local stuff to do in South Florida so it would basically be free advertising for the tourism industry there.

They should've done this a few months earlier when New England kept getting hit by blizzards. Part of the show features local stuff to do in South Florida so it would basically be free advertising for the tourism industry there.

Since late last year Chapin got a new contract with WHDH, WSVN however still has Paul Turner as the VO. And on Ansin's part, its better than having to buy another syndicated series (*Arsenio, anyone?*)

Note how they're referencing the call letters of 56 in their logo again; they have the LVI portion under the 56 numeral.

They've been using the "LVI" branding for about 2-3 years now.

Just what people in Boston want to watch a hyper local lifestyle show. I honestly think that WLVI would be lucky to get a tenth of the viewership that the show gets in Miami.

Considering it's the 11pm timeslot when all the stations in Boston are airing it's late newscasts (including it's own sister station), it's not going to get many views. It's likely a placeholder (I think there was a sitcom in that timeslot before)

Yes, Chapin returned at the beginning of this year,

Archived