KOMO Building brand new set

wac_suyaru

I can agree in saying I think this is great looking set.

The domination of wall screens and the duratrans(?) make it look amazing.

On the other hand, I will say the design of the desks are really questionable -- really weird looking there.

But overall, this is a great set, better than I thought it would be (and from the sneak peek video, I thought it would look really good)

Like Journalist said, "Kudos to KOMO". And Salutations to Sinclair for pulling off a more-than-decent product for the station.

The set is pretty good. It's a major departure from the templated designs Devlin Design Group has built for Sinclair stations in other markets (heck, KOKH and WRGB have practically the same set design as one another). Although, there are touches of the templated look in the layered wall.

Interesting looking desk, and what's with the moon phases on the floor in the weather center? That would seeming more fitting for agronomists, not meteorologists. Unless there's some Seattle significance to it.

Don't you mean "astronomy"? According to Wikipedia, Agronomy is "the science and technology of producing and using plants for food, fuel, fiber, and land reclamation", and incidentally, "encompasses work in [..] areas [including] meteorology". Although, astronomy has a loose association with meteorology as well.

The main backdrop would be great without those metal paperweights on them.

And still waiting for when a top local station figures out what NBC did for Sunday Night Football - big, **seamless** video walls. The lines are just hideous.

Don't you mean "astronomy"? According to Wikipedia, Agronomy is "the science and technology of producing and using plants for food, fuel, fiber, and land reclamation", and incidentally, "encompasses work in [..] areas [including] meteorology". Although, astronomy has a loose association with meteorology as well.

Yes, I totally meant astronomy. Didn't even notice that I said agronomy, nor did I even know it was a thing. My original question still stands, however.

Well, at 11 tonight, the Battery will go dead in Seattle.

That said, I'm really digging the new set. Gives me high hopes for WBMA when it comes time for them to replace that cheap set they currently have.

WBMA ABC3340 is currently building a new set. Spann the man said on his periscope feed last night that it will probably be the end of October for the debut (just in time for sweeps). He also mentioned that the higher ups had sent out 'nasty' letters giving everyone explicit instructions to not show anyone, any-part of the new studio, under any circumstance, including live twitter and periscope feeds.

WBMA ABC3340 is currently building a new set. Spann the man said on his periscope feed last night that it will probably be the end of October for the debut (just in time for sweeps). He also mentioned that the higher ups had sent out 'nasty' letters giving everyone explicit instructions to not show anyone, any-part of the new studio, under any circumstance, including live twitter and periscope feeds.

I wonder if Sinclair's form a management is making people uneasy at the Allbritton stations.

• 6 months later...
"KOMO News 4" again? They will never ever stop switching between "KOMO 4 News" and "KOMO News 4." Its been that way since the 70s! I think this will be their third time as "KOMO News 4."

Hello. Just as I thought. Apparently, KOMO 4 has changed its primary newscast title to the generic/unified brand of "KOMO News" with the "KOMO 4 News" brand being the secondary newscast title. The "KOMO News" brand is mentioned in a reporters outcue, not just on every KOMO 4 Newscast, but on KOMO Newsradio as well. (i.e./e.g. "*reporter's name*, KOMO News.") Respectfully, I wish KOMO would have not changed its newscast title by dropping the "4" portion and would have kept the logo that was first used in 2006.

Oh, well, kudos to the KOMO News Network and Sinclair! Here's my description of the current KOMO 4 News logo: http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/KOMO-TV#2015-present

UPDATE: Attached, however, is what the current KOMO 4 News logo should have looked like in the first place.

UPDATE #2: A few days ago when I saw a promo for KOMO 4 News at 6 p.m., there is a horizontal version of the KOMO 4 News logo that is rendered as...well "KOMO 4 News" with the ABC circle logo between the call sign and the channel number. Months before that, I did a fan-made, faithful recreation of the gradient horizontal version as attached here as well.

444055732_KOMO4News2015(WhatItShouldHaveLookedLike).png.570e1c545bf3cdfd1c42f6ab15380557.png

1510510742_KOMO4News2015-HorizontalVersion.thumb.png.b33f9d4fb1cc65cdfb2564079fc92840.png

Archived