MSNBC Live - 6PM Hour Anchors

rkolsen

I don't know if there's anything official but for the past few weeks I've noticed Erica Hill has been anchoring the 6PM hour of MSNBC live Monday - Wednesday.

It kind of shows MSNBC is becoming more intertwined with NBC News and becoming a non partisan network during the day. I know some of you don't care for Erica Hill but she seems to do a good job. At least it seems like they are getting some more out of their weekend talent.

On Thursday Chris Jansing anchored live. And Harry Smith has anchored as well.

Starting in January, MSNBC will re-air "With All Due Respect" in that timeslot.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/a-bloomberg-show-will-also-air-on-msnbc/279010

Makes me sick. I can handle John Heilman but Mark Halperin on Morning Joe I can't stand because he comes across as a know it all and seems smug.

I liked their book Game Change and the movie but once I realized that a lot of the material they write is here say or quoted from people who would not name sources. One of their first articles online was criticized internally because it was not up to Bloomberg sources - such as requiring two sources who would go on the record. I don't remember the article but it made mention that since their first article there wasn't anything published by either of them through the time said article was written.

Makes me sick. I can handle John Heilman but Mark Halperin on Morning Joe I can't stand because he comes across as a know it all and seems smug.

I liked their book Game Change and the movie but once I realized that a lot of the material they write is here say or quoted from people who would not name sources. One of their first articles online was criticized internally because it was not up to Bloomberg sources - such as requiring two sources who would go on the record. I don't remember the article but it made mention that since their first article there wasn't anything published by either of them through the time said article was written.

I believe that this is the article you were referring to:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/04/did-bloomberg-execs-read-game-change-205360

To me, while WADR does fit in for what MSNBC appears to be going for in the late afternoon with MTP Daily and Hardball, but it's still an odd move. First off, WADR wasn't exactly a big hit for Bloomberg (although with ratings we don't really know for sure) and it doesn't exactly exude confidence that you have to essentially outsource a show from another cable network. Also, I've never been a particularly big fan of taped programs in cable news and since Hardball isn't always live, that's two hours that will be taped.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched a bit of With All Due Respect and find it interesting but I just can't get past Mark Halperin. Mark in my mind comes across as a smug know it all. I will say I've noticed little to promotion of the show on MSNBC. If I remember correctly one article mentioned there was a bit of a culture shock when John Heilman (who I like) and Mark Halperin took over Bloomberg Politics - specifically the sourcing of material. Heilman and Halperins books are basically written off the record and their first articles showed that. I believe it caused some long term political reporters for the Bloomberg Terminal where they had a two source rule.

I watched a bit of With All Due Respect and find it interesting but I just can't get past Mark Halperin. Mark in my mind comes across as a smug know it all. I will say I've noticed little to promotion of the show on MSNBC. If I remember correctly one article mentioned there was a bit of a culture shock when John Heilman (who I like) and Mark Halperin took over Bloomberg Politics - specifically the sourcing of material. Heilman and Halperins books are basically written off the record and their first articles showed that. I believe it caused some long term political reporters for the Bloomberg Terminal where they had a two source rule.

Another thing was that their reporting (specifically the books) had some profanity in it, a big no-no apparently for the Bloomberg folks.

FWIW, WADR finished well behind both CNN and FNC in the ratings for their first two nights but did improve on the lead-in, MTP Daily, in the demo both nights but dipped slightly in the total viewers.

Ultimately, I don't see this as a long term option for MSNBC beyond November.

Archived