The new HLN, take two

Viper550

HLN, which has been trying to backpedal on the social media concept it tried to introduce last year by going back to what it does slightly better than anything else but not much (specifically, live court coverage. This time, it's Erin Andrews' peephole stalker trial), has updated its graphics scheme.

Overall, it's a refreshed version of the previous look. There's a bit more color (Morning Express' version looked nice with the sky blue and orange), more compact L3s with a new, bolder font (still using the odd "text messaging" layout, but the larger headline/subtitle boxes don't have the speech bubble triangles anymore.). It's not too bad from what I've seen of it so far.

[MEDIA=twitter]704715565567336448[/MEDIA]

Guest NewsHound

I wish they would just go back to Headline News and rolling news coverage. I know it's not relevant in 2016 but it would be the cheapest way to run a network that serves no purpose. Or hell, better yet, replace HLN with CNN International.

I wish they would just go back to Headline News and rolling news coverage. I know it's not relevant in 2016 but it would be the cheapest way to run a network that serves no purpose. Or hell, better yet, replace HLN with CNN International.

I agree... 100%

I'm a millennial, but I prefer old-fashioned things sometimes. This is one of those old-fashioned things I wish it came back, just like how TWC is sorta semi coming back to 24/7 weather, but not really.

HLN is a mess and its really bad with most of the channel showing nothing but Foresnic Files marathons. I loved CNN Headline News when I watched it from the late 90s to 2005 and during the daypart afterwards.

CNN International is already carried by many cable providers as a separate channel.

I too would love a return to the Headline News format.

CNN International is already carried by many cable providers as a separate channel.

I too would love a return to the Headline News format.

And speaking of CNN International, it used to carry Headline News at various times to compliment CNN/US-based programming and news content.

Comcast doesn't carry CNN International, at least not here in southern NH, which is odd as we do get Al Jazeera America and BBC World News. However, we only get the SD versions of those.

Old-school Headline News would, I think, work best today as an online-only, on-demand service.

As for HLN, the big question is: Why is CNN competing with itself?

Comcast doesn't carry CNN International, at least not here in southern NH, which is odd as we do get Al Jazeera America and BBC World News. However, we only get the SD versions of those.

Same here, actually- Comcast here in NW NJ doesn't carry a lot of channel's HD feeds- like GSN, or Discovery Family (which I want in HD). And we don't get WGN America or Buzzr at all- and I want them.

• 2 weeks later...
Same here, actually- Comcast here in NW NJ doesn't carry a lot of channel's HD feeds- like GSN, or Discovery Family (which I want in HD). And we don't get WGN America or Buzzr at all- and I want them.

Don't forget pop. that's still in SD on Directv. the channel that used to be the Prevue guide in the 90s. the only good thing about HLN is the fact they still have Robin Meade doing the morning express. the only good part of HLN that remains of what it once became in the 90s.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived