Amy Waldman Out Soon At WPIX

Newyorktalent

Ratings have declined under her tenure and word is Tribune is quietly searching for replacement.

Management is questioning her decisions and lack of experience.

GM is also facing questions over some of his moves like the disastrous 6:30 newscast that has failed to lure in viewers.

The move comes as reports say, Tribune may soon be shopping its stations.

Brenda and Kaity are great together; but the 6:30 timeslot is rough as there is too much competition. I personally do not want to watch local news at 6:30. Now this would never happen- but if they had a newscast at like 7:30 pm I feel the ratings would be better. Even an 8pm newscast. Kaity was subbing on the 10pm last night and it reassured my feeling that Kaity should be anchoring the 10pm if the 6:30 doesn't work out (preferably with John Muller, but even Brenda might work)- even if that's the only time slot she does. It would be a smart move, especially considering what works for other stations (WNBC has Chuck Scarborough, WABC has Bill Ritter, who in my opinion are veterans of the New York market). Or another option is axing the 6:30 and putting Kaity and Brenda on at 6 (or leaving Kaity and Brenda with a full hour, which was mentioned before). Anyways this is pure speculation so I'll end it here.

Archived