WCMH New graphics - CONFIRMED -

ColDayNews

Breaking News cut-in: (these debuted during AG Dewine's news conference this afternoon)

&temp_hash=cdc2b53e214feb061b7ba839acf2797d

Weather:

&temp_hash=7059a6b40a618e087f4486f287df8706

5pm:

wcmh-5pm-intro-png.2821

VERY big step from the 2011 MG graphics that they were using. I personally think they should have waited until July-August to reveal the graphics because these are their highest rated two months of the year due to Olympic coverage and Red, White and Boom coverage.

1641753214_WCMHCutInSpring2016.png.3e7f8f979807c7c465e32c9a79ce33c0.png

1931310843_WCMH5PMIntro.png.685c87bcb05ef04ebc2ce07a83731edd.png

4-Cast.png.5b08bd3f6c8c4aa6034f1f406e4b73ab.png

1895345254_Anchorchyron.png.9bb8386a2548b99d663da8724ebb6b2b.png

And this where you are wrong ColNewsDay, They needed this like yesterday! I mean let's look around the market, WBNS launched a 16x9 New look, WSYX/WTTE updated theirs to the NEW 16x9 Sinclair Graphics and here was WCMH they had to do SOMETHING and NOW! Remember TODAY (4/28) started The BIG sweeps month of May. From what I heard May's ratings set the prices heading into the Fall TV season and the General Elections Campaign season. July is just a beauty pageant and really don't matter to the bottom line as more people are out at events ... like "Red, White and BOOM!".

6/28 and 10 was stealing their thunder big time so waiting would of done nothing but hurt them badly and at this point they could be compared to Ol' Yeller at this point. Management finally just took it around back and did what had to be done here.

Overall, I need to see how they do the bug in the corner to give you my complete opinion here (EDIT: Just the new bug via NBC 4's Youtube page. They have went full 16x9 and it is actually better than WFLA's execution of the same package. Yeah it's the same package but it looks pretty good), but this is a HUGE UPGRADE on the graphics side for WCMH however I really wish they pony up the cash to get real news music! That would of been the icing for this great cake but Alas you can't always get what you want!

Breaking News cut-in: (these debuted during AG Dewine's news conference this afternoon)

&temp_hash=cdc2b53e214feb061b7ba839acf2797d

Weather:

&temp_hash=7059a6b40a618e087f4486f287df8706

5pm:

wcmh-5pm-intro-png.2821

VERY big step from the 2011 MG graphics that they were using. I personally think they should have waited until July-August to reveal the graphics because these are their highest rated two months of the year due to Olympic coverage and Red, White and Boom coverage.

And this where you are wrong ColNewsDay, They needed this like yesterday! I mean let's look around the market, WBNS launched a 16x9 New look, WSYX/WTTE updated theirs to the NEW 16x9 Sinclair Graphics and here was WCMH they had to do SOMETHING and NOW! Remember TODAY (4/28) started The BIG sweeps month of May. From what I heard May's ratings set the prices heading into the Fall TV season and the General Elections Campaign season. July is just a beauty pageant and really don't matter to the bottom line as more people are out at events ... like "Red, White and BOOM!".

6/28 and 10 was stealing their thunder big time so waiting would of done nothing but hurt them badly and at this point they could be compared to Ol' Yeller at this point. Management finally just took it around back and did what had to be done here.

Overall, I need to see how they do the bug in the corner to give you my complete opinion here (EDIT: Just the new bug via NBC 4's Youtube page. They have went full 16x9 and it is actually better than WFLA's execution of the same package. Yeah it's the same package but it looks pretty good), but this is a HUGE UPGRADE on the graphics side for WCMH however I really wish they pony up the cash to get real news music! That would of been the icing for this great cake but Alas you can't always get what you want!

My case for waiting was greater exposure - July and August are the station's biggest months of the year with their highest rated broadcast and the Summer Olympics. But, they've been suffering since NBC sold them. Now that you've put it that way, I HIGHLY agree with you. It was high time for them to do something and FAST. The 2011 package was worn out and outdated. New graphics is the start of a new NBC4 I hope.

WPRI/WNAC also has similar graphics, but I'm thinking that KOIN 6 inspired Media General to launch similar graphics on some of their other stations.

If this is what you're referring to, it's a lot better looking than what I saw on WCMH today. The L3 graphics just don't look right to me. The dark blue bar with the yellow line at the bottom looks like something from the 1990's. WBNS and WSYX have more contemporary looks. (I personally like something more along the lines of the CNN look.)

maxresdefault.jpg

If this is what you're referring to, it's a lot better looking than what I saw on WCMH today. The L3 graphics just don't look right to me. The dark blue bar with the yellow line at the bottom looks like something from the 1990's. WBNS and WSYX have more contemporary looks. (I personally like something more along the lines of the CNN look.)

maxresdefault.jpg

is...is that her bra we're seeing? seems like a poor choice of dress.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived