WTKR gets the Tribune CBS graphics

Ntropolis

We have impactV6,

Everyone on Facebook is talking about how similar the 3 is to the 3 in WVEC's 13.

That, and that much of the market stil can't watch them because of the Tribune - Dish retrans fight.

WTKR now has the Tribune CBS graphics package that WTVR, WTTV, and WREG use. WTKR is using the same color scheme that WTVR and WTTV use. They also rebranded and are now known as NEWS 3, and are using Impact as their theme

Better quality version of the new open from air:

Is it just me, or are they still using the old ticker font? Because whatever font they're using is clashing with the rest of the graphics...

Is it just me, or are they still using the old ticker font? Because whatever font they're using is clashing with the rest of the graphics...

Yeah, looks like they haven't quite gotten the ticker and bug lined up yet. I can only assume they'll fix it soon.

But lets be honest... this "3" is better than the previous "3"

Anything's better than the previous 3, at least for how they were using it.

Overall, after watching it in action a bit more...this is the best look in the Tidewater now IMO. A-, it's about freaking time.

Overall, after watching it in action a bit more...this is the best look in the Tidewater now IMO. A-, it's about freaking time.

The new set will just add to their come-up.

I am so glad the old "3" that didn't even look like a "3" is gone! I wonder if they are waiting until the new weekday sports director to debut the new set. I am just thrilled the "News 3" branding is back both I hope they just use it for the newscasts and not for the whole TV station like some stations do.

I am so glad the old "3" that didn't even look like a "3" is gone! I wonder if they are waiting until the new weekday sports director to debut the new set. I am just thrilled the "News 3" branding is back both I hope they just use it for the newscasts and not for the whole TV station like some stations do.

While I too love the new graphics, I have determined that it bugs me that the open reads as if the branding is supposed to be "3 News" vice "News 3"... If I were them, I'd have just gone for the bland "CBS 3" branding like WTVR & WTTV. That would have allowed them to be have a consistent on-air branding for both network and news products.

Considering that WTKR competitors are a future Nexstar station and a Tegna station, News3 might be able to make headway against WAVY and WVEC.

WTKR finally has a news team that is stable -- remember the revolving door from the late 90's to the late 2000s? If they can maintain the on air anchor stability... I can definitely see them overtaking Nexstar WAVY and maybe running at #1 (if the heir-apparent #1 WVEC completely falls off the map)

Archived