KTLM - Telemundo 40 in McAllen, TX New Studio and Facilities

EHTVnews

I just noticed today that KTLM in McAllen debuted new set and facilities at the end of June. From what I've seen they are now at the Chase Tower. I'm still not sure if Devlin designed the new set because the desk looks similar to the other Telemundo O&Os.

New set:

img

A good reminder that the Río Grande Valley comes in in the top 10 of Hispanic DMAs, far ahead of its general DMA ranking. It looks great.

Pretty amazing. In total they are DMA 86 with a total of 363,410 house holds but they are DMA 10 with a total of

316,640 hispanic house holds.

I'm still not sure if Devlin designed the new set because the desk looks similar to the other Telemundo O&Os.

I think Jack Morton has been the recent go to designer designer for Telemundo - he's done Dallas, Chicago, Miami and the new NBC San Diego facility.

• 1 month later...
Here's TVNewsCheck's piece on KTLM's new set.

Again it looks great. One thing I noticed was that the existing master control systems were transferred over to the new facility.

I thought Telemundo stations were hubbed as well? Out of NBC and Telemundo I would think Telemundo would be easier to hub - the schedule is fixed network wide (aside from the expanding local news output) and they don't have to worry about ingesting syndicated programming.

Archived