WRBL - Columbus GA New Set

extvtog

It looks like WRBL in Columbus,GA has moved to a temporary set in their newsroom. I wonder what kind of set this Media General station will use? I hope that they don't use the old WAGT set from WJBF studios in Augusta although it would be a logical move to get that set out of the old WAGT studio. We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks like WRBL in Columbus,GA has moved to a temporary set in their newsroom. I wonder what kind of set this Media General station will use? I hope that they don't use the old WAGT set from WJBF studios in Augusta although it would be a logical move to get that set out of the old WAGT studio. We'll see.

The old WAGT set would be a good fit for a Nexstar station awaiting a news department to start anew IMO...

14354913_10154411192284376_3805121615419104742_n.jpg?oh=307505bdf6b728908e232da31531a432&oe=58734D30

Pretty much imagine a door to walk in the studio being behind that camera.... What you see in the shot is basically the ENTIRE studio. No space to waste. You can take 10 steps....maybe....from one side to the other. Shameful that they have a decently sized, spread-out building, but such a small space for sets.

I recall living in Auburn once upon a time in the early 2010s and WRBL barely had any newscasts outside of the two evening newscast (6PM & 11PM weekday nights). I'm impressed that MG decided to reinvest in that station because it was a joke at the time when I resided in the Columbus, GA-Auburn-Opelika, AL DMA (Lee County, Alabama).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived