WFMJ Set Refresh

NEOMatrix

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the same company that did their prior set...Or it could be a hand-me-down.

Vindicator is no Dispatch that's for sure....I think they were one of the last newspapers to print in the original newspaper "size" before the companies started slimming down the page size with newer presses....

More than likely the TV station is propping up the newspaper. A sale of either may be devastating to either entity...given the depressed state the Youngstown economy has been in for DECADES.

If Stambaugh's was still around, I would have thought the set was a trade deal!

That tile on the desk...either that or they went down to Ollie's and bought a roll of laminate from there!

(Stambaugh's was a local home improvement chain that went under in 2000 after almost 150 years in business. They were killed off by Lowe's, Home Depot, and their botched relaunch into a chain of boutique hardware stores much like Orchard Supply Hardware. The Stambaugh's were up there with the Maags (WFMJ/Vindicator) and the Willamsons (WKBN) and lots of their money went into Youngstown and lives on through an auditorium on the NRHP and stadium on YSU's campus)

Do they still have the "Great Groceries" segments sponsored by Sparkle Markets?

If Stambaugh's was still around, I would have thought the set was a trade deal!

That tile on the desk...either that or they went down to Ollie's and bought a roll of laminate from there!

(Stambaugh's was a local home improvement chain that went under in 2000 after almost 150 years in business. They were killed off by Lowe's, Home Depot, and their botched relaunch into a chain of boutique hardware stores much like Orchard Supply Hardware. The Stambaugh's were up there with the Maags (WFMJ/Vindicator) and the Willamsons (WKBN) and lots of their money went into Youngstown and lives on through an auditorium on the NRHP and stadium on YSU's campus)

Do they still have the "Great Groceries" segments sponsored by Sparkle Markets?

I think they still do kitchen segments sponsored by Sparkle. However, Sparkle is a shell of what it once was thanks to Walmart, Marc's and Giant Eagle.

Probably the same company that did their prior set...Or it could be a hand-me-down.

Vindicator is no Dispatch that's for sure....I think they were one of the last newspapers to print in the original newspaper "size" before the companies started slimming down the page size with newer presses....

More than likely the TV station is propping up the newspaper. A sale of either may be devastating to either entity...given the depressed state the Youngstown economy has been in for DECADES.

If the Vindicator were sold, at least WFMJ would be in decent shape. However, a sale to WFMJ (to either Gray or Heartland) would result in a possible death spiral for the Vindicator.

If the Vindicator were sold, at least WFMJ would be in decent shape. However, a sale to WFMJ (to either Gray or Heartland) would result in a possible death spiral for the Vindicator.

Gray had their chance with WYTV, but it was one of the few Benedek stations they passed on when they went bankrupt.

As for the Vindicator, I could see GateHouse picking them up one day, especially since they now own the Columbus Dispatch and Canton Repository.

• 2 months later...

So WFMJ's package wasn't created in house. It was created by.....GIANT OCTOPUS. They're creating graphics again. They posted a demo of WFMJ's package a couple of months ago on their Facebook page. It wouldn't let me share a link so here's a screen shot. IMG_1755.thumb.PNG.96f2f4c640ba262502a76b1b89b52a49.PNG

So WFMJ's package wasn't created in house. It was created by.....GIANT OCTOPUS. They're creating graphics again. They posted a demo of WFMJ's package a couple of months ago on their Facebook page. It wouldn't let me share a link so here's a screen shot. [ATTACH=full]4044[/ATTACH]

Maannnnn remember when Giant Octopus was THE shiznit?

But, WFMJ seems to be using Arial or Helvetica for the L3s, which looks tacky and cheap.

I'm more caught up on the fact that the peacock was backwards in the final slide.

Archived