WFMJ Set Refresh

NEOMatrix

WFMJ Today (WFMJ's morning show) tweeted this picture of a new news desk from two weeks ago. WFMJ might finally be getting a new set (or at least a new desk) because the anchors have been on another part of the set these past few weeks. Honestly, it slipped past me due to obligations with work and family but here it is:

[MEDIA=twitter]798103012610818048[/MEDIA]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WFMJ Today (WFMJ's morning show) tweeted this picture of a new news desk from two weeks ago. WFMJ might finally be getting a new set (or at least a new desk) because the anchors have been on another part of the set these past few weeks. Honestly, it slipped past me due to obligations with work and family but here it is:

[MEDIA=twitter]798103012610818048[/MEDIA]

I remember when the current set was installed in 2006. It has had many refreshes over the years. Most recent I believe was in 2012 when they flipped to HD news. I don't get to watch Youngstown TV that often maybe twice a month, has Today's WFMJ stopped using "Indie-Band News" for the morning show? Overall from what I can tell of that desk looks nice. This picture is from 2006 when local firm built and designed the current set.wfmj-set-large.png

Really hoping this is the new logo. That old logo is quite dated by this point, doesn't it have to be?

That's the logo that WFMJ has used on it's morning show for the past four years. I'm not holding my hopes high for a new logo because WFMJ has used that godawful logo for the past 15 YEARS!!!!! Most of those years until recently have been at number one. If it ain't broke...

Really hoping WFMJ steps it up.10+ years ago, there was no competition. I think that changed when WKBN was sold to LIN/MG, which made a huge investment. Now I'm noticing WFMJ and WKBN really going the extra mile to cover big events around the region, like the RNC in Cleveland this year, the World Series; locally the 50th anniversary of the GM assembly plant; and just on Monday, the Ohio State attack.

Right now, the only thing WFMJ has over WKBN is its 21 Drone Cam or whatever it's called.

Really hoping WFMJ steps it up.10+ years ago, there was no competition. I think that changed when WKBN was sold to LIN/MG, which made a huge investment. Now I'm noticing WFMJ and WKBN really going the extra mile to cover big events around the region, like the RNC in Cleveland this year, the World Series; locally the 50th anniversary of the GM assembly plant; and just on Monday, the Ohio State attack.

Right now, the only two things WFMJ has over WKBN is its 21 Drone Cam or whatever it's called and at least WFMJ won't become a Nexstar station.

Fixed.

WFMJ has a shot to get back on top if they do this right. Since WKBN/WYTV are going to Nexstar, WFMJ will need to counteract Nexstar's "Local" approach and be more local than WKBN.

What up with WFMJ not too busy doing anchor bios? What up with that? You do want to showcase your on-air talent that represent the station. Do you ever see The Maag Family selling WFMJ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious why the delay. I understand shot blocking and lighting and such but it takes this kind of time for a full new set. Is this an in-house project or by a professional? As a viewer from Sharon, Pa, I'm looking forward to how it shows on air.

• 1 month later...
Update on wfmj set change. They updated the main anchor desk and new logo and open. I thought WEWS had a poor logo and now wfmj. Attached is a screenshot of Facebook live and link to video.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154352561047219&id=87445992218

That is hideous. I could make a logo better than that.

And to make matters worse, it appears that they have dumped Look G for this crap. WKBN now has the best graphics by far in the market.

And to make matters worse, it appears that they have dumped Look G for this crap. WKBN now has the best graphics by far in the market.

I agree, WKBN graphics look alot better. This new look is a huge step back for WFMJ.

Screenshot_20170201-193321.thumb.png.29aefebedcc4f192ec9f5af30d382e80.png

I agree, WKBN graphics look alot better. This new look is a huge step back for WFMJ.

And that set...I cannot believe The Maag family actually paid for that set. Somehow, WYTV has the best look out of the three stations.

[ATTACH=full]3625[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]3626[/ATTACH]

Which do you think is better? That s**tfest that WFMJ created? Or the mock that I did?

That is 100 times better. I like the blue, reminds of wbns and wthr look.

[ATTACH=full]3625[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]3626[/ATTACH]

Which do you think is better? That s**tfest that WFMJ created? Or the mock that I did?

That looks a LOT better than the new logo they have. That new logo and the new graphics look awful. The set isn't terrible, IMO. I think it looks better than what they had.

...and WKBN's look is so ultra-bland with hideous L3s. Still not a fan of KB's virtual set.

WFMJ's graphics wouldn't be so bad if they had any other typeface. It looks underbaked and half done.

Archived