WVLT Set

LexTVandRadio

Gray's been pumping money into their stations for quality news sets as of late, so I'm not surprised WVLT got one too.

EDIT: Per the Knoxville News-Sentinel, WVLT has had their new set since September.

I hope WSAZ gets one in the next year. But I'm not holding my breathe for it. Overall that is a nice set for Volunteer TV, whoops Local8.

One... nice upgrade from their previous set. Two... WVLT is getting ready to take over production of WBXX's newscasts. Probably wasn't THE reason why WVLT got a new set, but its probably one of plenty as to why WVLT went to upgrade and get a new set.

Looks nice. Amazing how cost has come down and small market stations now cay have a good high tech look. Just think video walls like these would be a significant chunk of the budget.

That's because Gray is buying that same set design in bulk. KSFY in South Dakota also have the same WTVG/WJRT set (along with a few others).

That's because Gray is buying that same set design in bulk. KSFY in South Dakota also have the same WTVG/WJRT set (along with a few others).

WTOK/Meridian, MS has not had a new set in a LONG time. Their set has held up good even though it has been refreshed quite a bit. They are in need of a new set for sure.

WTOK/Meridian, MS has not had a new set in a LONG time. Their set has held up good even though it has been refreshed quite a bit. They are in need of a new set for sure.

Management probably sees no need to get WTOK a set since they're the only game in town.

• 1 month later...

The sad thing is that WTOK's set is very similar (structurally) to the one that WTVY replaced A DECADE AGO! (both were ex-Benedek stations). All they got was some cosmetic changes and some hand-me-down cameras from WNDU (although they were the nice, big studio kind instead of those itty-bitty robotic ones on sticks)

WJHG got their set in 2005 when Gil Jimenez was cranking them out for Gray en masse. All they did when they finally went HD was throw up some monitors to cover it up.

WSAZ is definitely in need of a new set. Their current set dates from mid 2000's. Here is an article from when they transitioned to HD news production.....

http://www.bridges-mag.com/?p=221

The current WSAZ set was installed in 2006 same year they flipped Gari's NBC Collection and debuted the same graphics that KARE11 used till 2008. So yes it is time for WSAZ to get a new set in Huntington and Charleston.

WSAZ 2007

KARE11 2006:

Archived