CBS Evening News re-broadcast on Sky News

LVForward

I knew CBS Evening News was simulcast on CBS Radio - at least it is in Philadelphia on KYW NewsRadio 1060. I discovered a full re-broadcast of the show on Sky News online tonight. Is that new? Is it regular programming for Sky News?

It's been a part of Sky News' overnight schedule for years now. It usually airs at 2:30am BST, daily. Before the recent programming changes, it also used to air at 5:30am BST on Friday Nights/Saturday Mornings and on Saturday Nights/Sunday Mornings (I say it that way because Sky News' broadcast day usually don't start until 6:00am BST with Sky News Sunrise, which btw, has recently expanded its weekday edition to 4 hours and now, just like weekends, airs from 6:00-10:00am.)

Speaking of Sky News Sunrise in the parenthesis, not trying to get off-topic, but related to Sky News, Sunrise is now done Mondays-Thursdays by Sarah Jane-Mee and Jonathan Samuels and Fridays-Sundays by Stephen Dixon and Isabel Webster. This entire on-air talent shift on the programme came after Eammon Holmes left Sky News and Sunrise after 11 years, last month.

It's been regular program for several years I believe.

It's not the only Nightly that has been carried in the U.K. ABC World News was rebroadcast by BBC News after they edited the program to remove ads and sponsorships during the program. According the schedule it was last carried on March 27, 2015. NBC Nightly News is carried on CNBC Europe at 11:30 PM (UK Time) making it live as it airs on the east coast. Just as a fun fact Fallon is carried at 11:00 PM. A show usually three days behind the US is edited and condensed to a half hour format.

Yea..in the Middle East..ABC Good Morning America and NBCs Today gets broadcasted (ABC on OSN Entertainment/Today on OSN News) and then at night here OSN broadcasts NBC Nightly News. They have also occasionaly broadcasted CBS.

This does not include the FOX News straight from NY/international feed that OSN carried as well out here. Also, most of the time OSN news channel broadcasts MSNBC since CNN also has their own channel.

In terms of AFN..The Today Show starts at noon GMT on the news channel live followed by CNNs Morning Express and then CBS This Morning. ABC GMA is shown at 9 PM GMT on their prime pacific channel (so serving Korea/Japan) Evening news are broadcast back to back to back (ABC/NBC/CBS) plus another airing on the prime channels starting at 4 AM GMT

It's been a part of Sky News' overnight schedule for years now. It usually airs at 2:30am BST, daily. Before the recent programming changes, it also used to air at 5:30am BST on Friday Nights/Saturday Mornings and on Saturday Nights/Sunday Mornings (I say it that way because Sky News' broadcast day usually don't start until 6:00am BST with Sky News Sunrise, which btw, has recently expanded its weekday edition to 4 hours and now, just like weekends, airs from 6:00-10:00am.)

Speaking of Sky News Sunrise in the parenthesis, not trying to get off-topic, but related to Sky News, Sunrise is now done Mondays-Thursdays by Sarah Jane-Mee and Jonathan Samuels and Fridays-Sundays by Stephen Dixon and Isabel Webster. This entire on-air talent shift on the programme came after Eammon Holmes left Sky News and Sunrise after 11 years, last month.

Why wouldn't SKY carry FOX News - aren't they both NewsCorp/Murdoch ?

Why wouldn't SKY carry FOX News - aren't they both NewsCorp/Murdoch ?

I imagine the deal goes back a while from when Fox didn't have many affiliates and bringing in CBS would be a good option. The deal goes both ways with CBS having the ability to air reports (which they rarely do) and clips from Sky News.

Fox News is carried in the U.K. on the Sky platform.

[quote name='LVForward']Why wouldn't SKY carry FOX News - aren't they both NewsCorp/Murdoch ?[/QUOTE] [quote name='rkolsen']I imagine the deal goes back a while from when Fox didn't have many affiliates and bringing in CBS would be a good option. The deal goes both ways with CBS having the ability to air reports (which they rarely do) and clips from Sky News. Fox News is carried in the U.K. on the Sky platform.[/QUOTE] @rkolsen said it perfectly. Its been a long-standing agreement between both. Another reason why, I think, is that FOX doesn't have a national newscast. I promise you that if FOX did, their national newscast would be carried by Sky News but they don't do anything, so that's why the CBS (Evening/Weekend) News is aired there in its place.

• 1 month later...
Today, once again, the Sky News YouTube feed is blocked in the USA. This seems to occur on major news days. Is it on purpose or just a coincidence?

I think it's related to the pool feed, per members on TVForum. Apparently same thing happened with the debates.

Archived