Mystery FX Set Being Fabricated (WIFR?)

Weeters

FX Group posted a "Mannequin Challenge" video that shows you their workshop, and may have managed to give away one of their clients in the process.

[MEDIA=vimeo]196330929[/MEDIA]

At about 1:22 they show two employees working on a set piece that, if you look closely, has a sticker on it:

WIFR.jpg.5460191e367e28292ca78e17848f7c38.jpg

From what I can make out, it's a station who's calls end in FR and is somewhere in Illinois, in a town that starts with R.

WIFR in Rockford, IL? Can anyone make out something else?

Sure looks like WIFR to me. I can make out the FR and Rockford, IL pretty well.

Tried like Weeters (probably unsuccessfully) to get a a clear screenshot and doctor it from the video. Photoshop needs an NCIS magic enhancement button..... Quickkkkk someone provide FX with a 4K cam for Christmas!

wifr.jpg.111b96ba8454e7d6746a3714101dab80.jpg

I know this may be crazy to think... but to me, it looked like it said "WGN" instead. Yes, it may be WIFR and Rockford, but to me, it looks like WGN instead and that's another station that needs a new set and BADLY.

If I squint at the call letters, I can't say I disagree, but the city name is definitely not Chicago. I'm sticking with 'IFR.

I don't see how you were able to get even that much from that blurry thing. Don't we have "ZOOM AND ENHANCE!1" technology to clear it up some?

Photoshop needs an NCIS magic enhancement button.....

After several trial and errors, sifting through Weeters' basement, and negotiating contracts with CBS, I have developed an internal system capable of enhancing images captured by FX staff. It's called the Super Doppler Enhancer 4000 on News Channel 4.

With all that said, TVNTers...behold, your answer:

87210b31b3a41022fadeeb2aad648106.gif

For real though, the paper definitely reads WIFR if anything.

After several trial and errors, sifting through Weeters' basement, and negotiating contracts with CBS, I have developed an internal system capable of enhancing images captured by FX staff. It's called the Super Doppler Enhancer 4000 on News Channel 4.

With all that said, TVNTers...behold, your answer:

87210b31b3a41022fadeeb2aad648106.gif

For real though, the paper definitely reads WIFR if anything.

I know it says Illinois on it, (Maybe a Typo?) but when you slowly zoom in on it, it looks like it could say WFIE.

• 2 months later...

Mystery solved. The set piece in question was indeed for WIFR in Rockford, which debuted their new set back in January. However, what was constructed was just a new standup area right next to the chroma wall, while the rest looks to be a hand-me-down from another station (likely WKRC's old set).

360-degree view per Mike Buda on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1339132462774737

Mystery solved. The set piece in question was indeed for WIFR in Rockford, which debuted their new set back in January. However, what was constructed was just a new standup area right next to the chroma wall, while the rest looks to be a hand-me-down from another station (likely WKRC's old set).

360-degree view per Mike Buda on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1339132462774737

I knew it was WIFR!!

Archived