San Diego TV and Cable in the 70's

Eat News

It will be dicey, but as perhaps one of the most engaged followers of what goes on at the IFT, there's definitely a new leaf that's been turned. They're not repressing community and indigenous radio stations, they're holding commercial radio and TV auctions for the first time ever, and there's a conscious effort on the part of multiple government agencies to expand access to national public television service.

They also are revamping the court system at the same time (how's that going?) and my pool just cracked because some idiot ran his drug tunnel right under my house again.

More pool cleaning stories here

God knows we love ya Raymie...but when we see the words "reform" and "Mexican Government" on the same page some of us border dwellers get a bit tickled.

Tickled in a funny way....not the way uncle Gus tickled us during our naked movie star game.

(yes, some sharks have pools)

shark_pool.jpg.cefdbc56608b67e3ff5bf04aa1bf1ac4.jpg

They also are revamping the court system at the same time (how's that going?) and my pool just cracked because some idiot ran his drug tunnel right under my house again.

More pool cleaning stories here

God knows we love ya Raymie...but when we see the words "reform" and "Mexican Government" on the same page some of us border dwellers get a bit tickled.

Tickled in a funny way....not the way uncle Gus tickled us during our naked movie star game.

(yes, some sharks have pools)

[ATTACH=full]3571[/ATTACH]

Right on. These so called "reforms" have only screwed the little people, since the rich and powerful have greatly benefited from them...and these are the same reforms that were supposed to keep the big/powerful in check.

Peña-Nieto's gov.'t promised a crapload of things to the people and only has delivered breadcrumbs. That's why people need to take things with a grain of salt. After all, he did promise the citizens a few years ago an end to gasoline shortages and lower prices, and look at what's happening right now...

I'm not saying that the general reform attitude of Peña Nieto has been all roses. I don't much like EPN at all, and some of his reforms (looking at you, energy reform) are doing poorly.

What I am saying is that the IFT is at least successful and competent at what it's doing, even if it does quirky things from time to time like give a radio station the callsign XHÑUC-FM (not XHNUC-FM, oh no). They also slapped competitiveness regulations on Televisa and Telmex, which no other Mexican administration would have dared do.

I can't say the same of many other federal agencies in Mexico.

Archived