Holly Hannula leaving KNBC

JoseRM303

I think the writing was on the wall a few months ago. They had Kimi Evans fill in for several months while Holly took a leave, and honestly I would not be surprised if they ended up bringing her back full-time

I think the writing was on the wall a few months ago. They had Kimi Evans fill in for several months while Holly took a leave, and honestly I would not be surprised if they ended up bringing her back full-time

I thought Kimi was leaving KFMB to go do Pilates or some crap like that, instead she pops up on KNSD doing wx...now you say she was shillin temps at KNBC?

I thought Kimi was leaving KFMB to go do Pilates or some crap like that, instead she pops up on KNSD doing wx...now you say she was shillin temps at KNBC?

I think she wanted to dedicate more time to her pilates studio, without having that daily commitment of TV. She did point out at one time that the KFMB gig was never going to be full-time, and she agreed to it when she took the job. After Natasha Stenbock went on maternity leave, Kimi was only expected to be there a short time, however Natasha went on leave earlier than expected and never returned. My guess is that KFMB already had Heather Myers on their radar and were waiting for her contract to run out at XETV for her to jump ship.

The KNSD gig seemed like a perfect one for Kimi. She could work part time on tv, and then do her yoga crap. When Holly took a leave of absence a few months back, KNBC brought up KImi to fill in for the duration of Holly's absence. My guess is that fill-in work was a hidden audition, and it went a little too well.

It seems like KNBC just can't stick with one team in the mornings. They blew up the AM crew a few years ago, and here we are again talking about changes to the program. What a contrast to KNSD which seems to avoid change like the plague. Hell, i'm expecting Marianne Kushi to be there until they chisel her crusty-ass off the anchor chair.

Hell, i'm expecting Marianne Kushi to be there until they chisel her crusty-ass off the anchor chair.

I thought that was just an old dumpling left on the set after a cooking demo...

My bad.

I commend Holly on spending time with her daughter. I wish I was able to stay home and spend more time with my daughter, but she was very bland..never stuck out. As long as Ginger Chan is in the LA market, she will rule the TV traffic reporter title. Coming in a close second is KABCs Alysha Del Valle.

Archived