The Cuomos

mountainave

This is of course a while off, but... if Andrew Cuomo decides to run for President in 2020, what happens to Chris? How will CNN handle the situation? Will he be benched from all political coverage?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

This is probably not family-related but...

Jim Sciutto worked for Obama's State Department before he joined CNN as a National Security Correspondent. People raised a stink earlier this year when he was reporting on Susan Rice's unmasking "scandal", and rightly so. Conflicts of interest can raise big problems in journalism.

I think as long as they try to stay neutral as possible and try not to run block for their family member or former employer on air or on social media, they should be allowed to participate in coverage.

This is of course a while off, but... if Andrew Cuomo decides to run for President in 2020, what happens to Chris? How will CNN handle the situation? Will he be benched from all political coverage?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

A reporter with solid values will step away from a situation like that ...and not cover anything remotely associated with the campaign.

The reporter should be the one deciding...not the employer.

Most reporters have morals and ethics...it's the networks that don't.

This is probably not family-related but...

Jim Sciutto worked for Obama's State Department before he joined CNN as a National Security Correspondent. People raised a stink earlier this year when he was reporting on Susan Rice's unmasking "scandal", and rightly so. Conflicts of interest can raise big problems in journalism.

I think as long as they try to stay neutral as possible and try not to run block for their family member or former employer on air or on social media, they should be allowed to participate in coverage.

I did not know that about Jim Sciutto. He always struck me as a straight shooter as a reporter.

Archived