NBC is launching Telemundo Washington

CircleSeven

I just remember when KUSA went to "This is Home", KDEN went with the Gannett graphics (but the Telemundo theme). Just found the newscast: "Noticiero Denver En Associación Con 9NEWS(Peacock)"

The bug in the lower right was "9NEWS(Peacock) EN ESPAÑOL". This was back in 2013...

Jim

How were the KDEN newscasts handled? I saw some videos (pain to find) where they used the Gannett graphics before going to the This Is Home version. Then I saw a newscast with chyron showing an @nbcuni.com email while still at KUSA’s newsroom. Where the newscasts originally produced by KUSA staff and crews but later taken over by NBCUni before they moved to the Comcast Media Center?

Hardball studio still looks to be intact, the Hugh Hewitt show uses it roughly every weekend. Wonder why they still have it, surely it can’t be just for his half hour?

Telemundo Washington is going into a new studio being built out in an old scenery storage room. It's not going to be very big, from what I have seen and heard... Similarly sized to the Capitol studio I'd say.

I mentioned this in the shoutbox today, I figured it was worth a share here: I'm surprised NBC hasn't started new Telemundo outlets in Cleveland or Columbus. Ohio's Hispanic population is largely concentrated in these two metro areas, and continues to grow at a rapid pace. It's grown 89% since 2000. Fun fact: in 2010, 23% of Columbus' new immigrants came from the Caribbean and Latin America, while Latin American born immigrants accounted for 22% of Cleveland's new immigrants.

Cleveland has no affiliate... while Columbus' has very minimal coverage on Spectrum and WOW! - their largest cable providers.

This would be a great investment on NBC's part, as their target audience continues to grow, their revenue would grow along with it.

I mentioned this in the shoutbox today, I figured it was worth a share here: I'm surprised NBC hasn't started new Telemundo outlets in Cleveland or Columbus. Ohio's Hispanic population is largely concentrated in these two metro areas, and continues to grow at a rapid pace. It's grown 89% since 2000. Fun fact: in 2010, 23% of Columbus' new immigrants came from the Caribbean and Latin America, while Latin American born immigrants accounted for 22% of Cleveland's new immigrants.

Cleveland has no affiliate... while Columbus' has very minimal coverage on Spectrum and WOW! - their largest cable providers.

This would be a great investment on NBC's part, as their target audience continues to grow, their revenue would grow along with it.

Don't get yourself wrong, there are Spanish outlets in both markets (WQHS in Cleveland and WDEM-CD in Columbus) and Columbus does have Telemundo, but it probably would've been better if they were owned by the networks.

Don't get yourself wrong, there are Spanish outlets in both markets (WQHS in Cleveland and WDEM-CD in Columbus) and Columbus does have Telemundo, but it probably would've been better if they were owned by the networks.

The thing about Columbus' Telemundo outlet is their signal. They're on the WBNS tower near downtown with WCMH and most of the city's radio stations (the iHeart cluster mainly, WNCI's is atop Nationwide Insurance's world HQ) yet the signal sucks. I live a few miles from downtown and WBNS, yet I can never seem to pick them up.

I don't think that NBCU is too interesting in launching/re-launching Telemundo O&O stations in new markets. The reason why you see the investments in San Diego and D.C. is because there's already an NBC O&O in the market. Without it, these moves would be moot.

Archived