Gary Papa Battles Cancer Again

FJ2000

A headline on 6abc.com said that Gary Papa announced that his cancer has returned. I was not watching the news tonight, so I don't know all the details. There is a link to send him well wishes.

Update: They now have video of his announcement.

I know the first time around it was prostate cancer. This time around for the last two weeks I've noticed that he's been looking very sickly. Especially in hi-def his hair seemed to thin out in recently.

It's extremely sad to hear he has to go through treatment again. Radioation and chemotherapy are absolute killers to one's body. Best wishes to Gary.

Slightly off topic, but in relation...anyone else see the video on 6abc.com of Gary's announcement? Jim Gardner acted more bizarre than usual.

Gardner's jokes were way off color for the moment. I think he could have handled that a little more maturely.

I agree, he acted like an ass. A respected anchor or not, that was not appropriate. Surely made Gardner look like he was really full of himself. Hope Gary beats this cancer out.

Gardner's jokes were way off color for the moment. I think he could have handled that a little more maturely.

I agree, he acted like an ass. A respected anchor that was not appropriate. Surely made Gardner look like he was really full of himself. Hope Gary beats this cancer out.

What got me was the line "well many people at the station here love you, though I'm not one of them."

How can you say something like. I don't even think Paul Moyer's gutless enough to say that.

I thought when he said "finally someone who has less hair than me." and when he asked Gary if he forgot to take his rogaine, wtf ??? Anyone that has had or knows someone that's had cancer knows that losing the hair is probably the hardest part of many people's treatment. I thought his comments were really self-centered. But I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

i believe this is the kinda shit that gary would have said to jim of it were the other way around--jim said he wasn't one of the ones who 'loved him', but at the end of the video he gave him a kiss on the cheek. many will not believe me, but i think jims ass persona is all a shtick

*waits for "LOL NO JAMES GOLDMAN IS A ROBOT LOL!!1!!!!!1!!!"*

ok? thats irrelevant.

it was obvious that people were going to say it, even though, really, the whole fake name issue is irrelevant, too.

No it's quite relevant. Only an immature person like yourself would defend the immature and untimely comments made by your superhero Jimmy Goldman.

Also I don't give two shits what he calls himself. He could call himself Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater for all I care.

If you don't like Jim Gardner, how the HELL can you like Vince DiMentri?

For starter's I know how to spell his name (it's DeMentri). Second DeMentri really isn't the face of his station. Also I like Vince's style. I find Gardner to just be a dark empty person.

Didn't see the video, but based on reading what Mr. Goldman said.......it's so freakin' amazing that people can still like that piece of shit. I guess WPVI fans would watch that garbage even if Terri Schiavo were anchoring it. ::D

Wow that was just a tad morbid Chris.

Didn't see the video, but based on reading what Mr. Goldman said.......it's so freakin' amazing that people can still like that piece of shit. I guess WPVI fans would watch that garbage even if Terri Schiavo were anchoring it. ::D

Wow that was just a tad morbid Chris.

Crap, you're right, I guess just hearing about it for so many years (basically dominated the market on and off throughout the late 90s/early 2000s) just made me sick of her and her family.

Same here since they were originally from around here.

I guess Jim seemed way too comfy with Gary last week. Honestly, I thought Gary was naturally balding but I guess my fear came true. Jim needs to watch what he says on air because this wasn't the time to "roast" Gary especially since Gary broke down crying at the end. I know that no other anchor would ever do that to Gary, Jim should be ashamed of himself.

Gary Papa, I love that man, God bless him.

I guess Jim seemed way too comfy with Gary last week. Honestly, I thought Gary was naturally balding but I guess my fear came true. Jim needs to watch what he says on air because this wasn't the time to "roast" Gary especially since Gary broke down crying at the end. I know that no other anchor would ever do that to Gary, Jim should be ashamed of himself.

Gary Papa, I love that man, God bless him.

Jim Garden doesn't have any concience. He should at least recognize that was bullshit on his part. He might thought that was funny. But as a cancer surviving person, it wasn't.

Life is weird. I remember a few years ago when the Eagles lost the big game and Gary Papa was crying while doing interviews. I remember mentioning to him that there are real things to cry about in the world and that if he visited a cancer-patient ward, he would understand. It wasn't long after that, that he was diagnosed. Really puts life into perspective. Mulit-millionairre football players losing a game doesn't compare w/facing the possibility of losing your life too soon. It's a shame he's having to fight this once again.

If you don't like Jim Gardner, how the HELL can you like Vince DiMentri?

For starter's I know how to spell his name (it's DeMentri). Second DeMentri really isn't the face of his station. Also I like Vince's style. I find Gardner to just be a dark empty person.

NBC 10...Philadelphia's faceless station (if Tim Lake or Renee Chenault-Fattah are your prime talent, then you are faceless). But, I'm with you on Vince. I've grown to like him in Philly. It's a shame I'm too busy watching Kerri Lee at 5 to see more of him...

To watsgood, that's interesting...if indeed what you say in your post is true (no reason to doubt you).

Just like Eric dislikes Gardner, I dislike Papa as a sports anchor. I think he's arguably the worst sports anchor in town, and it's something I've said in the past on here. But, I'd never pull a "Goldman" and be an ass about the matter and I'd never wish him ill will. Instead I'd pull a "Boreanaz (sp?)" and shake his hand and wish him well.

Cancer is something that has an effect on just about all of us in some way. The chemo and the radioation are gonna do a number on Gary, but by God if anyone can pull through it, he can. Good luck in the fight Gary...

Archived