WSYX getting a new set

Breaking News

They've been using their current set since the end of the NewsCenter on ABC 6/Fox 28 era ... if I recall correctly, they debuted the set while Yolanda Harris and Gabe Spiegel were still their main anchors... Sinclair is notorious for being cheap with their sets, so that's probably why they've kept it so long. About time!

Sidenote: Is Tom Sussi gone? I haven't seen him in a bit.

They've been using their current set since the end of the NewsCenter on ABC 6/Fox 28 era ... if I recall correctly, they debuted the set while Yolanda Harris and Gabe Spiegel were still their main anchors... Sinclair is notorious for being cheap with their sets, so that's probably why they've kept it so long. About time!

Sidenote: Is Tom Sussi gone? I haven't seen him in a bit.

Yeah, you're right and Sussi been gone for awhile like many others. Also Jym Gahnal former chief met from WCMH will be on WSYX tomorrow at noon.

I think WSYX ought to move Good Day Columbus and their noon show to the old WCMH space at Broad and High... NBC built the space yet Media General didn't want it. WBNS currenly owns the rights to the ticker, however the studio has been for rent since 2016. Fun fact: when WCMH leased the space out, the screen broadcasted The Today Show, their newscasts, Nightly News and NBC SRs. A jewelry store just moved out of it.

wn-adpart-img5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
WSYX has updated their graphics starting with their noon show. It's the same color scheme that WLUK and KOKH use, but with a modified and darker blue version of the "curves" package with an ABC in the background.

I imagine WTTE will get the same package WLUK and KOKH are using.

Important to note here and it hasn't been noted yet. Good Day Columbus, Their Morning Show over the two stations still uses Curves 1.0 while the rest of 6/28 use Curves 2.0

• 1 month later...
Overall, Sinclair went in and made sure it's jewel in Columbus was taken Care of in a major way.

They saying it's a first of it kind for Sinclair and for WSYX/WTTE mainly. Remember that the previous was 1.0 of the current Sinclair Set-Up.

Not sure about the color choices but we'll see what happens as they grow into it. Also, why bother with a video wall that's only two rows tall? It's not a good look. Use three rows or don't bother.

Not sure about the color choices but we'll see what happens as they grow into it. Also, why bother with a video wall that's only two rows tall? It's not a good look. Use three rows or don't bother.

Truthfully speaking while watching it it actually works pretty well for them where they can do OTS stuff and other things but It works well for them.

Archived