CBRT's New Studio

Avro

The CBC affiliate in Calgary, Alberta has completed the move from their first location along Memorial Drive to a new space located near Foothills Hospital at 1000 Veterans Place N.W. This was done as their previous space was too large for their current needs (their new space is 21,000 sq ft), old (it was built in the 1960's for the station's launch), and was being sold. Broadcast quality has been improved after the move as there is very little compression shown on camera and in their graphics package.

Old studio (Westmount):

cbrtstudio11_000000.thumb.png.5b1861fa439bf91b1435406c2702f66b.png

New studio:

cbrtstudio06_000000.thumb.png.5e8840f79d882492bcc0caeb92be29a0.png

cbrtstudio01_000000.thumb.png.725a169d7da01fe01a8f8e97911a3b8f.png

The backgrounds of the set consists of a transparent map of Calgary, along with two large skyline photos taken from Scotsman Hill and near St. Patrick's Island. There are LED lights which can be programmed to change colour on the desk and set.

cbrtstudio02_000000.thumb.png.90f52973c94e157bc07aca70311b455c.png

There are no chairs for the anchors and interviewee at the desk.

cbrtstudio04_000000.thumb.png.e21a116345769bd69df8499db7ee3ab2.png

New large monitor replaces old over-the-shoulder graphics.

cbrtstudio05_000000.thumb.png.85797d32177a520082456a78b6c79152.png

Their newsroom doesn't appear to have any CBC colours/logos compared to their old space.

cbrtstudio09_000000.thumb.png.763dfc4345ff7be991d038c56ae7fa54.png

cbrtstudio10_000000.thumb.png.531c08b5a2863bd7c09b870bdb702cf0.png

cbrtstudio03_000000.thumb.png.fac106ddcc6d1888a2177c8161577992.png

The CBC invested in a actual set?

With money?

In the 21st century?

This calls for a celebration!

Looks like Canadian Newscasts are getting more local eh.I dont understand why cant they call newscasts like CBC 5 News(CBLT) or CBC 9 News(Vancouver) just like American stations do.However I did like pre Rogers City TV

Looks like Canadian Newscasts are getting more local eh.I dont understand why cant they call newscasts like CBC 5 News(CBLT) or CBC 9 News(Vancouver) just like American stations do.However I did like pre Rogers City TV

*CBRT was always known as CBC Calgary.

Anyways, I like the current naming scheme for Canadian stations. A title like 'CBC Calgary' is a much more efficient brand for the station and the network than a convoluted and disjointed title like "CBC 9" or "CBRT".

This scheme created a fine line between what should be considered technical (like a call sign or a channel number) and what should be considered common knowledge (i.e. branding, taglines).

It's the one thing Canadian TV got right.

*CBRT was always known as CBC Calgary.

Anyways, I like the current naming scheme for Canadian stations. A title like 'CBC Calgary' is a much more efficient brand for the station and the network than a convoluted and disjointed title like "CBC 9" or "CBRT".

This scheme created a fine line between what should be considered technical (like a call sign or a channel number) and what should be considered common knowledge (i.e. branding, taglines).

It's the one thing Canadian TV got right.

Nah to me its just way too corporate for me I think American Stations sound cooler like WJZ 13 or PIX 11.I do like City TV but Rogers seems to be screwing it over after Moses Znaimer retired but if one channel I like up in the Great White North is CP24.Its like a good mix of News 12 Long Islandf and NY1 without the loopy pattern plus its on every provider unlike NY1 and News 12 which are on select providers

Nah to me its just way too corporate for me I think American Stations sound cooler like WJZ 13 or PIX 11

The majority of the Canadian TV industry is vertically integrated and monopolized by three telecom companies.

Another reason why the current naming scheme works. Corporatism.

It's like a match made in heaven. :p

The majority of the Canadian TV industry is vertically integrated and monopolized by three telecom companies.

Another reason why the current naming scheme works. Corporatism.

It's like a match made in heaven. :p

CHCH seems more local and less integrated

I am guessing you are more of a Standardiztion guy lol btw CP24 vs NY1

You can say I am a "standardization" guy to some extent lol. Anyways, if you would like, we can converse about this in the DM. This topic isn't exactly relevant to this thread. ;)

Oh yeah, CP24 > NY1.

You can say I am a "standardization" guy to some extent lol. Anyways, if you would like, we can converse about this in the DM. This topic isn't exactly relevant to this thread. ;)

Oh yeah, CP24 > NY1.

Sure will DM I am new here

Archived