Local news stations in HD

semistatic

I'm trying to compile a list to update my website - here's what I've been able to compile from here and other sites:

WCBS

WNBC

WABC

KCBS

KCAL

KABC

WLS

KYW

WPVI

KTVU

KGO

KCRA

WFAA

WUSA

WSB

WXIA

WJW

KHOU

WXYZ

KTVK

KNXV

KPNX

KOMO

KING

KARE

WKYC

KUSA

WFTV

KSDK

WTHR

WSOC

KFMB

WRAL

WTVF

WBNS

KLAS

KFSN

WHIO

WZVN

KVOA

KRNV

Any changes, additions, etc?

Thanks in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...

KRON started broadcasting news in standard definition 16:9 this week.

Which is odd since Comcast doesn't even have KRON on the HD tier - are they broadcasting anything in HD?

Uh, yeah, they do...it's on channel 704 on all Bay Area Comcast systems. KRON's Bay Area Backroads and Henry's Garden are produced locally in high definition, and KRON also shows MyNetworkTV programming in high definition.

Which is odd since Comcast doesn't even have KRON on the HD tier - are they broadcasting anything in HD?

Uh, yeah, they do...it's on channel 704 on all Bay Area Comcast systems. KRON's Bay Area Backroads and Henry's Garden are produced locally in high definition, and KRON also shows MyNetworkTV programming in high definition.

They're not on my HD here (Hayward/Castro Valley/San Leandro) - I have 702 (KTVU), 703 (KNTV), 705 (KPIX), 707 (KGO)..... they skip KRON

chan.png

I just checked and we're apparently getting screwed on HD - just down the road they have twice as many HD channels :\

chan2.png

They're not on my HD here (Hayward/Castro Valley/San Leandro) - I have 702 (KTVU), 703 (KNTV), 705 (KPIX), 707 (KGO)..... they skip KRON

chan.png

I just checked and we're apparently getting screwed on HD - just down the road they have twice as many HD channels ???

chan2.png

Comcast blows >B)

That's weird...I had thought Comcast completed the upgrades of the 550 MHz systems in the Bay Area. I'm in San Jose, and I enjoy that much larger high definition lineup. (But hey, at least you get more than what most of the Central Valley systems get.) In fact, they just added KICU-DT on 706 two weeks ago because of the HD Raider preseason game replays. Too bad they didn't feel that same sense of urgency when it comes to adding NFL Network HD...

Archived