Digital multicast weather channels

bostonmediaguy

5 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Actually, not really. I was able to check out Milwaukee PBS' weather channel (WMVT 36.3) thanks to Locast and I didn't see any AccuWeather products on there at all. Just maps, radars, forecasts, traffic cameras and NOAA Weather Radio but that's about it.

The backend is still all AccuWeather, and they use the RealFeel temperature, but they've managed to get all the signs of Local AccuWeather out of the on-air product. You only notice it's an AccuWeather product explicitly these days if you're up for a late-night reset and it's rebooting a software update.

I wonder if WOTV .3 will become the radar and the radio audio from weather radio on Sep 1 as that is when Katz Networks end with Nexstar only network that ION from WZPX didn't take was Bounce which is Wood TV's .2 which will become Rewind TV on Sep 1. It's WOTV .4 now with weather loop as I said Spectrum doesn't have that. I hope that Nexstar adds new networks to Wood TV. 3, WOTV . 3 & WXSP .3. Sorry for rambling and on and going off topic somewhat.

Archived