Confirmed... Dave Price to host TPIR

nynewsguy

oh god no.

the article calls dave price "one of the morning shows anchors," which he hardly is, and how long will they be with that "anchors" format now that rene is on her way out. i also find it funny how they feel he is the "key to the early show's success." he is the key to the early shows success as chris wragge is the key to wcbs's success.

They should have canceled the Price is Right when Bob Barker leave and while things are going great. Dave Price can never follow in the foot step of Bob or the show. That show will never be the same. It would have been better if they have change then name and some of the format which does not include Bob.

As much as people think the show is dead with Price as host, I don't see that happening. I think the show is too popular and still an alternative to talk shows in the morning. Dave Price may not have been the best choice, but regardless I think the show will live on. If and when CBS decides not to keep it, it will still be a success in syndication. We will all miss Bob Barker, but I still like the show and the games and unless Price completely riuns every apect, (which is a possibility) I plan on watching.

Also kudos to Verne Gay and Newsday (the paper that covers local television worse than the NY Post) who gets an exclusive and inside scoop. This happens about as often as the words "WCBS and first" are mentioned together.

I'm not going to get into an argument, but technically it's not official yet. It was a blog report on Newsday from a source, and for all I know nynewsguy could be that source. I know nynewsguy probably isn't that source, because nynewsguy has been so dead on on this matter, and I apologize for doubting you, I just wish you weren't right for the sake of the show. There are some sites (http://www.buzzerblog.com, http://www.golden-road.net) that have direct connections with the production staff of the show that have written that the network has not officially stated who the new host is. Per a post from a guy who works with the show on Invision's Game Show Forum, the production staff has not been told/announced a replacement.

Also the taping schedule seems damn near impossible. It's almost impossible to tape 2 shows of Price in one day, let alone 5! There's some misinformation from the taping schedule. I could see maybe Dave doing two on Friday and two or three more on Saturday.

That said, I sadly think it's all but a lock that Dave Price gets the gig. He's not the best choice for it though. These sites I mention claim that Dave has had a tough time of learning the new games...and he's working on a short playlist. The show features over 80 different pricing games, and this is a show you just cannot do with cue cards. You have to know the games inside and out.

Again, I'm not disputing that Dave is all but a lock, sadly. I'm just reporting from sources closer to the production end of the show who publicly post on sites that are a lot closer to the show than Newsday. Good day.

Any reason why Bob Barker announced his retirment on Halloween? Just curious...

I wonder who (if any) other candidates were in the running and if Mr. Barker had any say in this decision.

Just wait...get ready to see CBS' promo department milk the "Price" coincidence...

I don't think he would have to know all 80 games inside and out prior to beginning his hosting duties. It's not like there were 80 games when Bob Barker began hosting. Many were learned over time. Some games are hardly played and I am sure they wouldn't play certain ones until Price or whoever becomes host gets more practice.

They should have canceled the Price is Right when Bob Barker leave and while things are going great. Dave Price can never follow in the foot step of Bob or the show. That show will never be the same. It would have been better if they have change then name and some of the format which does not include Bob.

And I still can't beleive they had to choose some nerd in glasses to replace Barker

This might also be an opportunity to rebrand Price. For many years, because of Barker, Price has not offered "foriegn" cars, furs, etc. This could be an opportunity for change. - go into a different direction.

btw, someone mentioned Golden-Road.net. Yes, the admin of that site has some ins with the staff at Price, but they are also the ones who would be happy if Price were exactly the same as in the 70's. Times have changed. Now, so will the host.

Archived