Soon to be defunct Newshub New Zealand set, ideas for CNN

MediaZone4K

Didn't know where else to post this. Does anyone follow the news in New Zealand? The soon-to-be-defunct Newhub and its competition 1 NEWS New Zealand are aesthetically gorgeous.  Would love for CNN to implement these looks for either Newsroom or News Central. New Zealand and Australia are the two countries I've seen whose news production is greater than or equal to that of the US.  Does anyone know the set designer?

Newshub (bottom pic taken from a 1 News story on them). This is very CNN with the color scheme. Love the slanted desks and the sloped single monitors. Reminds me of the National Telemundo set. This would also work really well on an NBC O&O with a blue and white color scheme. Thanks to ATL NEWS Expert for putting me on to this outlet.

IMG_7716.jpeg

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_7712.jpeg

IMG_7710.jpeg

1 News NZ. Love the Amazon Alexa looking desk. 

IMG_7713.jpeg

IMG_7715.jpeg

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1

What a horrible turn of events for Newshub and for New Zealanders. WBD has already been making cuts to its NZ division, but to close the entire newsroom is diabolical. A lot of good people are going to be out of work, and most importantly, it’s a disaster for New Zealand. TVNZ (the state-owned “public” broadcaster that operates more like a commercial channel in practice) is going to have a monopoly on TV news. What a joke.

I don’t know of too many healthy democracies with a lack of media diversity. You can’t adequately scrutinize people in power when there’s only one, state-owned outlet available to do it. I’m hoping there’s a way to save Newshub before June, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

What a horrible turn of events for Newshub and for New Zealanders. WBD has already been making cuts to its NZ division, but to close the entire newsroom is diabolical. A lot of good people are going to be out of work, and most importantly, it’s a disaster for New Zealand. TVNZ (the state-owned “public” broadcaster that operates more like a commercial channel in practice) is going to have a monopoly on TV news. What a joke.

I don’t know of too many healthy democracies with a lack of media diversity. You can’t adequately scrutinize people in power when there’s only one, state-owned outlet available to do it. I’m hoping there’s a way to save Newshub before June, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

The crumble of terrestrial TV appears to be global sadly.

Edited by MediaZone4K

1 News

Newshub at 6

News First at 5:30

Newshub Late

Three AM (also effected by the Newshub closure)

Decided to share the intros and montages of all of New Zealand's news programs for those unfamiliar with the market. I did not include 1's morning show "Breakfast" as it actually doesn't have an intro.