KTVT HD

DFW11anchorman

Wow it looks great so far--set, graphics, and music.

OK, we know FX did the set (GREAT job, by the way!). Who did the new graphics and what's the music, just for my records.

Graphics by Giant Octopus... Music sounds like 615...

yeah I think it's 615 but I don't remember. I think it's Newsforce from KCAL 9. Graphics have Giant Octopus style

You Guested it right. I've just recorded the 4pm News, I'm now just recording the 5 & 6pm News then it's First in Prime on TXA21 from 7-9pm and if I have enough room on my tape CBS11 News Tonight.

Mission: CBS 11 & TXA 21 News HD - Recording

--------------------------------------------------------------

4:00, 5:00 and 6:00pm Newscast - Recorded Complete!

7:00-9:00pm First In Prime - Just got Started 15 Minutes ago

10:00pm Newscast - 2 Hours and 45 Minutes from Now.

Mission: CBS 11 & TXA 21 News HD - Recording

--------------------------------------------------------------

4:00, 5:00 and 6:00pm Newscast - Recorded Complete!

7:00-9:00pm First In Prime - Just got Started 15 Minutes ago

10:00pm Newscast - 2 Hours and 45 Minutes from Now.

Good work so far, agent TexasTVNews.

wow! KTVT has really outdone themselves. They've moved ahead of KXAS now, in terms of the switch to HD. Now all that's left is KDFW, which i'm surprised they haven't done already.

BTW, is it just me or do the new KTVT gfx remind anybody slight ly of the CBS Evening News?

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw them. The colors are very similar. I'd say they look better than the CBS Evening News though.

I actually just saw a Live wipe and a weather franchise open that makes me think KTVT's graphics were done by VDO, not Giant Octopus. The wipe looks like it was inspired from the VDO-designed KCBS/KCAL high definition graphics package.

I have to agree with you. Hate the L3s, but it does look a lot like the KCBS-KCAL package.

wow! KTVT has really outdone themselves. They've moved ahead of KXAS now, in terms of the switch to HD. Now all that's left is KDFW, which i'm surprised they haven't done already.

BTW, is it just me or do the new KTVT gfx remind anybody slight ly of the CBS Evening News?

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw them. The colors are very similar. I'd say they look better than the CBS Evening News though.

agreed and the music to go with 'em is better too.

KTVT have really outdone themselves in their new HD look. I'm impressed. I dont regularly watch CBS 11, normally 8 or 4 for me, but I might have to more often. NBC 5 has done a piss poor job with their HD conversion. I'm embarassed for them not only for their continued problems but for their continued crime ridden trashy tabloid newscasts

KTVT have really outdone themselves in their new HD look. I'm impressed. I dont regularly watch CBS 11, normally 8 or 4 for me, but I might have to more often. NBC 5 has done a piss poor job with their HD conversion. I'm embarassed for them not only for their continued problems but for their continued crime ridden trashy tabloid newscasts

yeah, all NBC 5 did was change sets and add a HD logo to their current logo. CRAPPY!

I give CBS11 KTVT a big fat 10! the set looks beautiful and the theme looks great. That new set reminds me of KWTV/Oklahoma City.

Oh yeah. They get an A from me, too. The new graphics are awesome. I think the L3 (while they may not be everyone's cup of tea) are a HUGE improvement. I'm glad they dropped Arial like a bad habbit and went to one of the Helvetica fonts. Now, in the right corner, I like the 11 and 21 logos, but maybe KTVT might could have had a little more pazaaz to the time/temp bug, but that's just me. The weather graphics look great, albeit a little iced over (the outline border), but still great.

KTVT have really outdone themselves in their new HD look. I'm impressed. I don't regularly watch CBS 11, normally 8 or 4 for me, but I might have to more often. NBC 5 has done a piss poor job with their HD conversion. I'm embarassed for them not only for their continued problems but for their continued crime ridden trashy tabloid newscasts

yeah, all NBC 5 did was change sets and add a HD logo to their current logo. CRAPPY!

DFWTVNews30, you said it right: trashy. KXAS, is gunning for the bottom of the barrel in this market. Dare I say that I would consider (GASP!) KDAF a more respectable news operation than KXAS. Yes, I would go that far and say that. Harold Taft (KXAS's first and longtime chief met who passed on in the early 90s) must be rolling over in his grave right now, rest his soul, seeing the once-good station he used to work for just go to pot like it has.

And that's my $0.02 ;D

Archived